lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2021, 03:30 PM   #1
ffmedicmatt
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G29 speed issue

Hey all

I've got a '09 G29 with the Navitas 600a controller and stock motor. It seems to do pretty good when on flat terrian however going up a hill it is slow...like 11 mph slow. I have the settings on the controller at 95% speed , 50ish% for acceleration and the regen is about 35% or so (can't remember the number off the top of my head).

My guess is an upgrade to the motor to provide more torque but I've only had a gas cart before and this is my first electric cart.

Also to add on to this, would decreasing my regen allow it to go faster down hill? it seems to get to about 20 mph and just "governs" itself down to slow down.
ffmedicmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2021, 08:49 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 speed issue

I would look into replacing the stock Hitachi motor with something better. But with stock gears and stock wheels, 20mph is about the limit.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha