lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #21
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I Want To Go Fast

this is a stretch but how about looking at the reed valve assembly. or maybe the crank seals. what kind of compression are you getting?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #22
bdc23t
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

New rebuild all new seals 120# comp F&R I have looked at the reed valves they look good and they seam to open ok dont no nothing about these valves first time.But when I rebuilt the engine I did replace the gaskets around the reed valve.

All I know is it ran until the kids put reg gas in it.Then I rebuilt the engine and now it will only run at a idle.
bdc23t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #23
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

It sounds like a lean condition caused by a leak in a seal or a gasket somewhere. Is the piston installed facing the right way? Should have had arrows pointing toward the fan when installed correctly.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #24
bdc23t
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The notch in the piston is facing the intake side. If they where leaks would oil/gas mix be coming out on the ground
Old 10-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #25
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

if there were leaks in say the crank seals then the crankcase could not produce the right amount of back pressure to effect the proper fuel air mix flow. Is fuel/oil mix coming out o the engine?
Old 10-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #26
bdc23t
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have sprayed starting fluid around the case and the crank seal on clutch side.But the other seal is behind the fan so it is hard to spray it while running but I have checked the fan side seal it looks good do you think so how this could just be a carb problem.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #27
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc23t View Post
The notch in the piston is facing the intake side. If they where leaks would oil/gas mix be coming out on the ground
When you say the notch, is that the hole or port in the piston?? The arrow on top of the piston goes toward exhaust and the port is for the intake side.

You can leak air into your crankcase seals and not have gas flow out. Something like air molecules vs. fuel molecule size.

These mufflers do plug and need to be burned out periodically. I would cut the oil to 50:1 at the most. Factory recommends 128:1 for golf course use!
Yea. I couldn't believe it either.

Sorry to butt in. Just something to think about...I'll see if I can't come up with something else. Your choke isn't stuck??
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #28
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Have you actually run the motor with the muffler off? If not try it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #29
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Have you actually run the motor with the muffler off? If not try it.
I strongly agree. The mufflers plug with oil. After the BBQ they run great
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #30
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
When you say the notch, is that the hole or port in the piston?? The arrow on top of the piston goes toward exhaust and the port is for the intake side.

You can leak air into your crankcase seals and not have gas flow out. Something like air molecules vs. fuel molecule size.

These mufflers do plug and need to be burned out periodically. I would cut the oil to 50:1 at the most. Factory recommends 128:1 for golf course use!
Yea. I couldn't believe it either.

Sorry to butt in. Just something to think about...I'll see if I can't come up with something else. Your choke isn't stuck??

I agree with cutting the mix down. I used to run around a 100:1 in my 89. It would be great if it was a stuck choke! I remember reading something about the molecule size thing. You can check this out: http://science.howstuffworks.com/two-stroke2.htm
it may help to understand about the seal issue. Not doubting your abilities just sometimes it helps to sort of simplify things a bit. If it is running.....are you sure it is in fact running or is it spinning over with the Starter and not truly running. You follow me? In other words, if all it will do is idle then from what I remember about my 2 stroke, as soon as the engine started to fire on its own you could tell it since you could hear it making power. like a chuff-chuff-chuff noise as the starter spun it over then you could hear the familiar ping-ping-ping between chuffs. I know that sounds stupid LOL but if youve heard one run you know what I mean.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO