lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
jonitza
Not Yet Wild

Default buying first Cart

I'm new to this forum (hello all) and golf carts and looking to buy my first cart. I found a 07 club car he calls a champion series with black pearl paint, new tires, 48v, and looks very clean and in great shape. Does this sound like a quality cart for 3k. Any advice would be great. Thanks
jonitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: buying first Cart

I personally like Club Car as it uses the only aluminum cart frame to cut down on battery rot IF MAINTAINED CORRECTLY. The main thing to remember is if batterys are over a year plus of age you are looking at $500-$600 for quality batterys replacement. With late model Precedents and others that used 12 volt batterys ( LIST PRICE $238.80 each ) that DID NOT hold up much past 2 years and require more charging between usage as they dont have the range of 8 volts batterys IF TAKEN CARE OF will last upwards of 5-6 years.
The early years of PRECEDENT MODELS 2004 up had problems partly because of an all new designed cart rather than the tried and true DS MODELS, mostly with 12 volt batterys and steering. As I understand new models are coming out with 8 volt batterys again to solve problems and steering has been upgraded?
I looked at cart prices in my area and the price seems a little high but of course I have not seen cart you are looking at nor late models in my area to compare, so I would do some searching to check on batterys ages ( code stamped on battery posts ) and compare what prices are in your area before buying. Once you are happy with a cart and price seems fare to you its time to START HAVING FUN.
GOOD LUCK.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: buying first Cart

I have a 2006 Precedent I bought new in Dec. 2005. I looked long and hard but relied on my own experience. I live on a golf course and have owned CC in the past and been very pleased with them. The Precedent, however, was something new and there were some horror stories floating around. The dealer lived on the course, just down the street from me and his shop was 3 miles away. I also saw our fleet of Precedents at the course used and abused every day. The Pro told me there were some problems but not too many and that the dealer was great about taking care of them. With those factors in mind, I went ahead and bought one. Four years later the OBC and batteries went south. I took it in and they replaced the batteries with US Battery (which I believe CC now uses instead of Trojans). They also replace the OBC - all within warranty although I was a few days late of the four year period. Take care of it and you should be fine although I can not comment on the price as I have no knowledge about what used carts are going for.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car