lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
McMasterXX
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Where to start??

Ok. I posted a while ago, but didnt get much response... I have a 2001 Carryall 2, with a cab and flatbed, thats compltetely stock. The first thing I need to do is get some new batteries....then, well I dont know what to do after that.

I need ideas, but on an almost no budget. Ultimately, I would like to go faster and bigger, put in my cd player in the garage, etc. But where to start, and where to buy? If anyone has any help, please pass it on!!!

Thanks.
McMasterXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where to start??

It's no wonder you didn't get much response You don't know where you want to go with this project and you don't have much $ to get there with

You want ideas? Paint it with whatever paint is in the shed and call it good? Seriously, the guys are going to need a lot more to inspire them to suggestions

Good Luck, Maybe just drive it stock fer awhile while you save up some dough and look thru the members rides to see if you find something you like and go that way
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
McMasterXX
Not Yet Wild

Well, Like I said... I have a cab that I want to resurface, a stereo that I want to install(but dont know how), a flatbed that I want to take off and replace with a flip seat, and stock tires. Obviously to get started the batteries are first... but then, do I get a motor, or do the lift/tires? I ulimately want to make it a cart for going to races and driving around my neighborhood. It has been sitting around for a few years waiting for something... I just dont want to get rid of it yet and then regret it!

So if you were me, what would you do first? (and no, I am not going to the shed for paint... it would be pretty ugly since I only have multiple leftovers out there!!!)

Thanks for the input....but would love even more!!!
McMasterXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

While you do the batt swap change your cables to 4ga and clean all connections really good. Then after they are cleaned and reninstalled put some protectant spray on all connections.
wilster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #5
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

The next thing i would do is make sure she is running good and all mechanics are greased and lubed. Then i would go for taking the bed off and while it is was off i would go for repaint. I guess this thing is 48v right?
Old 06-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

I took my pick and went for the lift and tires first. Then went after head & tail lights, an ok paint job, then flip rear seat, hd lift springs, new upholstery, wood-grain carbon dash, (then a complete 36v to 48v conversion with 4awg, Alltrax 500amp controller, PB6 throttle, Delta-Q onboard charger, 48to12v converter, 6 t-875 Trojans), eagle decals, chrome plate-plug for charging plug, digital display, Pro-fill water system for the batt's, another digital display, new chrome diamond plate floor mat (working on getting that installed now) Pretty much in that order and I'm still not done..

You are going to have to pick what you want to do and start. The gang here are AWESOME and are willing to help with just about anything and provide pic's to help you along the way..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2641.jpg (100.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2605.jpg (82.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2599.jpg (124.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2611.jpg (152.9 KB, 11 views)
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #7
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

As far as buying anything you just need to look to the sponsors here on the site.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
wilster734
IDK&YDE

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf35099 View Post
I took my pick and went for the lift and tires first. Then went after head & tail lights, an ok paint job, then flip rear seat, hd lift springs, new upholstery, wood-grain carbon dash, (then a complete 36v to 48v conversion with 4awg, Alltrax 500amp controller, PB6 throttle, Delta-Q onboard charger, 48to12v converter, 6 t-875 Trojans), eagle decals, chrome plate-plug for charging plug, digital display, Pro-fill water system for the batt's, another digital display, new chrome diamond plate floor mat (working on getting that installed now) Pretty much in that order and I'm still not done..

You are going to have to pick what you want to do and start. The gang here are AWESOME and are willing to help with just about anything and provide pic's to help you along the way..

Nice worklooks great
Old 06-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #9
rib33024

Ok batteries are going to be $700/800,--rims and tires are $400 ----lift$300/400,-for a good one,--paint around a couple hundred to make it nice if you do it your self, after the $700 for batteries whats your budget now ?--
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
gsf35099
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilster734 View Post
Nice worklooks great
Thanks, wilster. Just been a 3 yr project and a crap load of $$$.. Wife gives me crap cause the golf cart is worth more than the middle sons Suburban..

She loves it as much as I do though. We are heading off to a motorcycle rally on Wednesday where there are a hundreds & hundreds of carts.
gsf35099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car