lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
galloway
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Battery Help, Think I know the answer.

I have a 36v pack of t105's with a head stamp of D5, so that would put them at May of 2005 mfg date.

I charged the cart I want to say it was weds, and this morning I went out with a water battery tester and in the first battery I checked it showed fair in the first cell and recharge recharge in the following two cells.

I am going to test the other 5 batteries, but My guess these things are on their last legs.

I was going to test the whole bank recharge the pack and then test again a couple days after the charge.

So if anyone else has some feed back let me know. I am leaving for Ocean Lakes on July 2 and would like to get new batteries here (Knoxville) then buy them down there for a premium. But if I can get one more week out of them and still have fun then I can wait till I get back.

Thanks guys for the info in advance.
galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Help, Think I know the answer.

I bet they are used up just because of their age... most batteries do not last much more than 5 yrs. You can run it until it dies completely. The only downside is your run time will be diminished. Is that a controller cart?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
galloway
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wish. It is a 88 club car.

When I bought the cart I knew they were suspect bc of the age of the batteries, plus the guy didn't keep them maintained over the winter one year and let them completely drain.

I was mostly doing this as a maintenance test of how to check the cells and read the meter.
galloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

What kind of meter do you have?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Charge the batteries until the charger stops then let it rest for at least a couple of hours.
If you have a hydrometer take a reading on every cell and post the numbers.
Note: If it's a hydrometer with the floating balls, throw it away and go buy a new one that has a scale in numbers from some place like Napa Auto, Autozone etc.
After the hydrometer test, get out the digital voltmeter and post up the individual battery voltages.

You may be the candidate to check out the epsom salt treatment. Would make a good experiment.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car