lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #11
ezgotxtman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Kawasaki FJ400 13 hp swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbmfpeterson View Post
just looked it up for the hell of it and a new kawi retail from ezgo is 1,100.00 not as bad as i thought.

Do you have a link to such information?

If the new 2010 EZGo has the Kawasaki 400cc. you would think the clutch would be on the left as always.
ezgotxtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just looked at a ezgo parts book i have. I can give you the part number?
I know I cant believe they changed what side the clutch is on..... now it looks like the competition! hahahahahaaha
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #13
IDIeselman
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

lbmfpeterson is correct, right side clutch. What competition?
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgotxtman View Post
Do you have a link to such information?

If the new 2010 EZGo has the Kawasaki 400cc. you would think the clutch would be on the left as always.
The only "bolt-in" way to install the 400 Kawi in the older TXT carts is to find a '08-'09 ST400 to use as a donor.. The entire driveline must be changed, as has been posted, the clutches are now on the passenger side of the cart.. This will require a new rear axle, and engine cradle to convert to the newer Kawi engine..

When the cost of the conversion is tallied up, a Vanguard upgrade kit starts to look very affordable..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #15
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello,

Who has a ghostpicture from this engine?

When the clutch is at the other side as a Sub and a GX 390, are there also 2 bearings at the other side of the cranckcase?
Or is the engine just build in opposite, with another axle configuration to get the right turning off the wheels?
(Sub is counterclockwise as seen from the clutchside.)

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIeselman View Post
lbmfpeterson is correct, right side clutch. What competition?
I like your style..........competition? what is this competition you speak of! lol

As for the ghost picture I got nothing, but I can tell you on the driver side of the crank I would think there has to have some kind of bearing?????

Why would you need a specific st 400 to do the swap? you could just buy the motor and rear and build a motor plate for it?

that new rear end is about $900. compared to the txt rear end of $1400. 6-7 months ago ezgo told us that they are coming out with a conversion kit to install the new kawi motor into a txt cart. We called around that time wondering what I am going to do with my fleet of 600 gas txts when a motor blows and I cant buy a new 295 anymore?????? I have enough parts to build a lot of 295's but when they are gone then what??????

I really don't see the conversion working out due to the location of the drive belt/clutch. Am i going to have to buy a rear end and motor when my txt motor blows and were out of 295's and parts to build them??????

The only "bolt-in" way to install the 400 Kawi in the older TXT carts---- sorry dude i just re read what you said

Last edited by lbmfpeterson; 07-28-2010 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Im a DA
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO