lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #21
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 ezgo marathon clutch problem?

Hey Dave, how much top end speed do you figure you sacrificed with the swap? Living at an old Ski Resort, one thing we have around here are plenty of hills, and although the cart seems to do pretty well as it is, a little boost in pulling power would be nice
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #22
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Hey Dave, how much top end speed do you figure you sacrificed with the swap? Living at an old Ski Resort, one thing we have around here are plenty of hills, and although the cart seems to do pretty well as it is, a little boost in pulling power would be nice
Hey Brew, how much lift do you have on your green ride?
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #23
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Good Morning BCM, I wish I could give you some numbers but I did not measure it. I can tell you that I really didn't notice any drop off in top speed and my buddy with a 2004 Yamaha gas cart (350 cc twin) could not keep up with me

I will be in the mountains again this weekend so I will GPS it and let you know what I get. In the meantime I cannot stress enough how amazed I am at what a difference the new belt makes. Now I did measure the old one and it was the correct 45 inches so the torque increase is not due to the old belt being stretched but the new belt was 1 3/16ths wide and the old one slightly narrower which I am guessing was just wear and tear. Anyway the new belt is probably the one single thing that has pepped the cart up the most.

All the best
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #24
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

GTM: It's a 5" lift, the tires are 22X11-8 Chen Shin Lumberjacks ... Due to a small ordering mixup on my part, the rear spacers are 2" per side, and the fronts are 1.5", so at the full range of steering travel to the left I get a touch of scrub against the leaf spring - but all in all I like the setup (and will be replacing the front spacers soon to eliminate the scrub entirely) ... The kit is a US-made one off of Fleabay, I caught it on sale for like $60 shipped, took all of about an hour and a half and a six-pack to get installed.

Dave, thanks as always for the info. I'm pulling and changing the engine mounts and rear end fluid, brakes, etc this Thursday, I think I'll go ahead and just see if I can get a shorter belt here in town at Advance or Napa and give it a try. It's coming up on leaf season here in the northwoods, and although my cart pulls the small garden trailer around easily, it would be a lot better if I had a touch more power and could use use the snowmobile trailer to gather refuse, etc (as well as a little more "oomph" on the hills)

Thanks again!

Dale
Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #25
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info BCM, when you figure out your belt let me know as I will need to do the same because at the campground we stay at we are up a substantial hill so more climbing power would be good.

Cheers
Old 10-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #26
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

BCM, is yours a 2pg or 3 pg
Old 10-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #27
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

It's an early 1988 2PG (the old style with the clutches at the rear of the engine compartment instead of the drivers side as I believe yours are)
Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #28
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
It's an early 1988 2PG (the old style with the clutches at the rear of the engine compartment instead of the drivers side as I believe yours are)
Yep, I guess I get to figure out my belt on my own. Thanks anyhow.

Later
Old 10-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #29
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'm just planning on wrapping a string around mine and measuring it, then subtracting 3/4" from there - should work for yours as well. I'll let you know how it goes after Thursday
Old 11-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #30
bananaman
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

How do you guys chnge your belt? What do you have to loosen or take off?
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb, clutch, no power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO