lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
sawgrass car
Not Yet Wild

Default '97 carryall-1 won't charge. need help.

Hello everyone. I need some help with a charging problem. I have a 1997 carryall-1,48v system, that will not charge. I have a few different chargers so I have tried it with all of them and nothing. I went over the wiring diargam and the wiring looks right comming out of where the charger plugs in. The cart is used for work so it has taken some abuse over the last 10 years and some of the wiring has been replaced but the wire gauges seem right and conection look ok. Can some give me something I should be checking or is there a common problem with these carts that cause a no charge problem. The batteries are 1 year old. they are workaholic u8vgc. Thank you for any help. Great site.
sawgrass car is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '97 carryall-1 won't charge. need help.

What is the voltage of each battery and the entire pack? Did you check the watter in all the batteries? Don't know about the carryall but most of these chargers won't turn on if the voltage is too low. Is it 4-12V or 6-8 or 8-6?
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The charger is controlled by an on board computer. There is a large fuse on the backside of the receptacle under glass and a small fuse in a yellow inline holder below that...... there may also be another in line yellow fuse holder at the solenoid? Not sure of this year.... the in line fuses are special 3/8th amp units from CC. hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
sawgrass car
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
What is the voltage of each battery and the entire pack? Did you check the watter in all the batteries? Don't know about the carryall but most of these chargers won't turn on if the voltage is too low. Is it 4-12V or 6-8 or 8-6?
The total voltage is only 28v. Maybe a couple batt. are 7v and some are 2v. Mybe it's to low of a total voltage. They are all full, but I guess I should try to charge them alone to get them back up to 8 first. Since it hasen't benn charging and sat for awhile now I guess they got really low.
sawgrass car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you only have 28 volts thats your problem you need 36 for the charger to come on so you can either bypass the low voltage sensor in charger or charge each battery 1 at a time with a 12 volt charger for 20 minutes each........if you decide to charge each battery do not leave it unatended while doing so...............once you get to 36 to 38 volts if nothing else is wrong charger will then pick up voltage and start charging.................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car