lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New PQ Speeds

His PQ motor is wound for higher RPM at a given voltage. Once you leave the line, the controller is mostly "coasting".
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiecart View Post
I am by no means an expert, but I have a question, would you be able to get anymore speed out of a stock controller anyway?
That's a good point Oz, the controller and the cables are pretty closely matched.... An increase in cable capacity is not going to change the controllers limitations. He has top end now but the torque is limited by the controllers delivery. My guess is it will slow noticeably on the hills. Voltage gives you speed and amperage gives you torque...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:20 AM   #13
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

What condition are your batteries and what size tires are you running?
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #14
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

batteries are good and running on 22's. I'm topping out at 24mph. Thats about right for my setup...
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
seadoo10
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I dont know how long you've had this Plum Quick motor installed but when I got mine I do remeber Robby saying that you will get more speed as the brushes on the motor break in. I was getting about 25 mph on my Precedent with stock tires, controller and wires.
seadoo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #16
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

So did you notice your speeds increase the more you rode your car. 25 mph with stock tires is impressive! Must be the controller.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Motors consume amperage.....controllers bring home the beacon. The cables are the highways the amperage is deliver on.... so if any of the components are too small or too corroded to handle the flow you will not get the performance you would normally see ....... batteries too play a big part in amperage delivery.
You must have a healthy set of batteries to deliver top results.

Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #18
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Easy,
It should get faster as Seedoo stated(except for his because he just fried his controler). If it's more speed you want then upgrade wires, controled, solenoid and F/R switch! You wont be able to wipe the grin off your face!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #19
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Batteries are healthy and cables are like new. If they are not heating up I would think that its handling the amperage flow just fine. Especially with stock controller which is limited anyhow. If I had lets say a 400 amp controller then I could see why putting wider ga cables will be necessary. Thats when the hwy or water hose analogy comes in. More amperage requires bigger cables to support that. In that case, stock cables will burn up! Again by cables not getting hot, leads me to believe that they are handling all that the stock controller has to offer just fine.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #20
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Colby as much as I want to get a controller, believe me, I cant cause I am going to be using the cart at rv park in the summer where I would need to maintain 5mph speeds. I know for a fact that prolonged low speeds with a hs controller will cause overheating issue. My friend fried his ezgo cause of this. This is why i need to keep that stock controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car