lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Wheel wobble

In the last two pictures it looks like the wheel is not sitting flush on the flat surface of the drum which would mean the center hole of the wheel/rim is probably smaller than the center ring of the hub/axle flange.
Get a Micrometer and measure the center hole of the rim and the outer diameter of the centering ring.
Does the wheel have a center cap? can you remove it and will it remount flat?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #22
kfp673
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It is an ITP wheel so it does have a Center cap but I have been leaving it off during this process so the pics you see are without center cap. I am not sure I follow you with the rest. It sits flush against the drum until I torque it down then as you can see the drum pulls in deeper on one side. Also, the other side fits perfectly and no wobble at all. Thanks again for any help!
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #23
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I think its a drum axle fitment problem.
Put the drum with no wheel on and run the lug nuts on
and see what happens.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #24
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

OP - did you ever get this fixed? if so what did you do? Im trying to fic my wobble - bounce problem too
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #25
kfp673
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDude View Post
OP - did you ever get this fixed? if so what did you do? Im trying to fic my wobble - bounce problem too
Nope. I replaced the axle, hub, drum, and break shoes and it is just as bad as had I done nothing. I gave up on it last year and just deal with it. The problem is where the break drum lines up. When I tourque the lugs and start to turn the wheel it becomes uneven and I have no idea how to stop it. whatever it is is way over my head at this point and it's a 97 cart so I am tired of waisting money on it. Good luck with yours
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha