lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
aeroparts
Not Yet Wild

Default g29 Drive Brakes

Hi, Has anyone had brake problems on this model. I have an 08 drive. Internal brakes. It makes a terriable noise when braking. Will the transaxle have to come apart? It is full of oil and cables has been adjusted. Any thoughts? Is there a diagram or service manuel online? Thanks
aeroparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: g29 Drive Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroparts View Post
Hi, Has anyone had brake problems on this model. I have an 08 drive. Internal brakes. It makes a terriable noise when braking. Will the transaxle have to come apart? It is full of oil and cables has been adjusted. Any thoughts? Is there a diagram or service manuel online? Thanks
Your 08 drive transaxle would be warrantied for 4 years....I'd take it to a dealer. You can go to www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsandservice and look up an owners manual or a parts book on your car.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
aeroparts
Not Yet Wild

Hi, Thanks for reply. Will diff call dealer after holiday. I did already go to Yam site and check out owners manuel. It states 3 year warrenty. I will let everyone know ho it works out. Thanks again.
aeroparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

2007 "The Drive's" had the 3 year warranty, 2008 and up had a 4 year warranty. It's like a car warranty....limited, but he transaxle,controller and motor are covered the entire warranty period.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
wfletcher
Not Yet Wild

by brake is weak on my G29 its internal in the axle. Put a new brake cable on it thinking the old cable was worn out no change the brake goes to the floor .
I cant fined any info to replace or repair any ideas????
wfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:28 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

if your pedal still goes "to the floor" i suspect it is adjusted wrong, even the "toasted brakes" on team axles can still be adjusted to the proper pedal level usually. the braking effect just sucks (and usually strange noises still there). very high pedal effort with little stopping power are the usual signs of wasted brakes, and usually a squelch when coming to a complete stop. if the brakes are wasted, a new axle is actually often the best investment. you get a whole new "everything", for about $200 bucks more than new brakes with all your old gears in the old axle. last time i checked, they were about $998 & still available.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:40 AM   #7
bmcd1947
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a 2015 G29/Drive electric cart. The brakes surge when stopping. Went under the cart and the cables are secure. Pulled the floor plate and the drivers side cable does not move as far as the passenger side cable.

Anyone have any idea how to make an adjustment for that? Im not certain if the brake controller piece is bent or not.

Thanks in advance.
bmcd1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Pull the wheels, look for a little silver round clip holding the drum in place. If they are there, rip them off and throw them away. Their only purpose was to secure the drums until the cart was assembled, but they never got removed. Try the brakes again without the clips.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #9
bmcd1947
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks will give it a try
bmcd1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #10
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

cgtech - I must be missing something, I thought all G29's had internal brakes thru 2016 and didn't return to drum brakes until 2017. The G29 also only has one brake cable not two. At least the three 2012 that I rebuilt from the ground up and all had internal brakes. I changed the transaxle gear oil, installing new Yamalube Friction Modified Gear Oil, as per specs. Service manual calls for fluid replacement every two years. Those 3 carts are extremely quiet in the gear / brake area to this day.

For aeroparts: Attached are a couple of pages from the 2012 service manual.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha