lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
mj_355
Getting Wild

Default year,model

I just bought my first yamaha cart. Looking online to find the serial number. I think the serial number is gone due to rust and in need of parts. How can I figure out model and year. It has I think a key switch problem and what it does is sometimes it wont move when I press accelator pedal, if I turn key to reverse it moves just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 3.jpg (60.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 1.jpg (81.8 KB, 0 views)
mj_355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: year,model

This will help you find the numbers, then post them here, look at the bottom right pic, this is where your numbers should be, your cart is a G1 80 something, the numbers are stamped in the frame they can not come off unless the frame rust away, they are hard to see but they should be there, if you don't find them there, look on top of the frame rail that goes across where the top of your rear shocks are bolted to, depends on the year some times it's stamped there

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

boost box on the carb and the ends of the muffler being cone shaped not flat is a clue to the year also.
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
mj_355
Getting Wild

here are some more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 4.jpg (61.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart 2.jpg (63.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
mj_355
Getting Wild

still cant figure out why it will operate in reverse but not forward. If I move key several times from foward to reverse, some times itt starts working forwad or reverse fine. My new key swich aint here yet, I just hope that fixes the problem
Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Mrrogers24
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thats the exact engine i have in my 86 g1. I also have a problem with the forward not working sometimes, an easy quick way to check the solenoids is put it in forward press the gas and tap on top of the solenoid a bit, if it starts working you have a bad connection or a faulty solenoid, the forward solenoid is the outer one above the right rear tire. Try that.

Edit: try to take apart the solenoid and clean it with a wire brush and whatnot, new solenoids are about 70 dollars and the rebuild kits are 40 to 50 dollars. Also the vin should be on the frame on the rear right behind the wheel, mine was very hard to see, but its there. Good luck!
Mrrogers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
mj_355
Getting Wild

thanks for info. I will check that soloind this weekend. I would check it tonight but the body hinge is rusted loose. Im partially handi cap and my father works 70 hours a week, so I will wait for him to look for the serial number agian. pics of where to look would help, thanks to all
Old 04-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #8
lphernan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have an 81 G1 with the exact setup as yours. I had a bad connection on my forward solenoid and had to tear it all the way down to fix it as the bolt just turned inside the solenoid body. The serial number should be on the back frame under the bumper on the drivers side. Just wet the area where the bumper mounts to the frame and the numbers should pop out. Good luck with yours. They are a blast.
lphernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #9
lphernan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

For the pic, look at the diagram rib posted. the pic on the bottom right shows you where the serial # should be at.
lphernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
mj_355
Getting Wild

could I get someone to take a pic of there number please, I looked under the rear bumper could not find it. I cant hardly wait to find it so I can order a lift for it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart bumper.jpg (133.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart bumper 3.jpg (128.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg golf cart bumper 2.jpg (131.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha