lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
Sbaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Loud banging from G1 clutch

Just finishing up rebuild before taking it to the camper and can't solve clutch banging noise. I have it apart because I saw something about greasing somewhere but I don't see where. The clutch weights have a little play side to side but not bad. I can see how the weights slamming against the inside of the housing would be loud but I don't see a way to quiet this. Can anyone help soon? It's going to the camper Friday May 25th either way.

Thanks
Sbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Loud banging from G1 clutch

What year is your G1? Early cars had 4 weights and a spring, later cars had a 3 weight style clutch, like on the 4 cycle cars.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Sbaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It's a 79 according to the vin. The clutch has 4 weights but I don't see any springs. Where should they be or where should I look?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Can't seem to add the attatchment. Go to www.yamahagolfcar.com Pick "service" pick golf car, pick 1980, pick G1a, and go to primary sheave and you'll see the parts breakdown of what the original was.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
Sbaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Looks like I have all of the parts. Should the weights require some resistance to open/close? I took the outer cover, the one containing the weights, off and started it on stands and the banging was gone. I didn't stand in front of it! Do I just need to replace the weights? Thanks for your quick replies
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha