lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 leaking oil need repair in Alabama

My G9 has developed a very bad oil leak. I can not see where it is coming from but it is getting on the drive belt somewhere and slinging it. Hopefully the motor is not blown. The kids took it down the road and rode around a while and when they came back it was dripping oil and has left a pretty good size puddle on the floor.

Anyone know where in Alabama or Tennessee I cna carry it to get it fixed that is reliable?
traceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 leaking oil need repair in Alabama

TRACEMAN just bring it to New York i will fix it for you.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If the clutch is slinging the oil then it may be coming from the crankshaft seal on the side of the engine that the clutch mounts to. Look closely behind the drive clutch and see if that's where it's coming from. If you have to, spray that area down with carb cleaner to remove the oil that splashed/leaked out, then with some more oil in the engine run it for a few seconds and see where the source of the leak is.
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The crank seal wouldn't be too difficult to replace. Just gotta get the entire clutch assembly off, pop out the old seal, and out a new one in. Make sure the oil drain plug on the bottom side of the motor is tight also. The only other place I think it could be leaking from is the crankcase gasket. I just installed one on my G16... nothing to it once you get the clutch off, crankcase cover off, and clean things up.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #5
traceman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGrayson84 View Post
The crank seal wouldn't be too difficult to replace. Just gotta get the entire clutch assembly off, pop out the old seal, and out a new one in. Make sure the oil drain plug on the bottom side of the motor is tight also. The only other place I think it could be leaking from is the crankcase gasket. I just installed one on my G16... nothing to it once you get the clutch off, crankcase cover off, and clean things up.
I think you may be right. How does the clutch assembly come off?
traceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceman View Post
I think you may be right. How does the clutch assembly come off?
Either buy the $40-ish bolt to remove it (most of the vendors on here sell one), or, use a big tie rod separator and heat the hub of the inner sheave with a torch and pop the assembly off. The latter of the two is not recommended and has potential for damage, but it worked for me.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha