lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
TNTman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need brake part, but can't find it, G9

I am working on a cart for a customer, and they asked me to check the left rear brake, cuz it wasn't workin right. I have taken it apart, and the only thing I have found wrong is the retainer is supposed to have two threaded studs on it, one of which is broken off, and the other one has most of the threads worn off of it. I can't seem to find this part online anywhere, unless I want to buy the whole backing plate, springs and all, and it is over $100. Does anyone know where I can get a few used ones in decent shape. One for my customer and a couple to keep in stock for future use. I am including two pictures in case anyone is unclear what part I am looking for just from my description. I also think EZGO used the same part for a while, and maybe some other manufacturers as well. Thanks for the info, in advance.

Robin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Retain a.jpg (76.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Retain b.jpg (76.3 KB, 0 views)
TNTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Need brake part, but can't find it, G9

Might put this in our for sale section too as 'wanted'.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Looks like its a early G9. Later models used bendix style brakes and wouldnt use that anchor. The part # is j17-27206-00-00. If you can't find one, let me know I'm shure I could get you one.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
TNTman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Smallblock. With that part number I was able to locate some, and ordered two, one for the customber one for me.

Robin
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
TNTman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Okay, so the only two companies who stated on their websites that they had these brake parts, are now both telling me that they are no longer being made by anyone, out of old stock, and they are unavailable. I have a customers cart with no left rear brake, and they are upset. Is there another way to make this cart viable again? Is there another brake backing plate that will fit it, or another axle that will fit the cart that uses a different braking system than the one that was in it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Robin
Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Look at Ez-Go Marathons.I put a G2 rear in my cart,everything for the brakes was identical,except for the shoes,and if I remember right,the block that the shoes rest against opposite the adjuster(Ez has the adjuster up top thru the aluminum block.).I used my Marathon brakes with G2 drums,the backing-plates bolt right up.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha