lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
lilmow
Not Yet Wild

Question g16 yamaha rear end needed?

Does anyone know where i could find a good used g16 rear end? Just got this 1997 yamaha g16 cart and the forward gears are gone
lilmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
snopro1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: g16 yamaha rear end needed?

Here's the link to the best deal for a part that will probably fix your rear end.

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-...epair-kit.html
snopro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
lilmow
Not Yet Wild

Ok i will check that out. Thanks
Old 07-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
lilmow
Not Yet Wild

ok so i ordered that forward gear/shaft you sent me a link too much cheeper then what i was finding. Do you have any idea where i could get the other gear that rides on that shaft gear it is bad also the part number for the gear i still need is jn3-g6326-00-00 all i can find is $215 plus ship can i get it cheeper somewere else? or does anyone have good used??
Old 07-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
devast8ing
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

plowmans carts, their a site sponsor and have helped me out a few times with parts for my g16 rearend.
devast8ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmow View Post
ok so i ordered that forward gear/shaft you sent me a link too much cheeper then what i was finding. Do you have any idea where i could get the other gear that rides on that shaft gear it is bad also the part number for the gear i still need is jn3-g6326-00-00 all i can find is $215 plus ship can i get it cheeper somewere else? or does anyone have good used??
I believe I have a spare jn3-g6326-00-00 laying around. Do you have a set of digital calipers? If so, measure the outside diameter of the gear you need and tell me what it is. I think I have the forward and the reverse, and I don't remember which was which.... I just remember that one is bigger than the other by a smidge. Let me know if you're interested, but yeah, I'm pretty sure I have what you need.
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The gears are stamped "F" or "R" on the inside, where the dog clutch mates.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
AGrayson84
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
The gears are stamped "F" or "R" on the inside, where the dog clutch mates.
Thanks smallblock, that sounds about right from what I remember now. I think what it was, was that I had a hard time remember their order when putting it back together lol. I apparently got it right though :)

But yeah I should have a spare used one in great shape, it's just buried in box somewhere. Let me know you're interested in it, lilmow, and I'll dig it up and take a picture and talk a price with ya.

-Andrew
AGrayson84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
lilmow
Not Yet Wild

AGRAYSON. Thanks so much for the replies in maybe having what i needed but i went ahead and ordered a new one already. But if you have a rear diff i have one tooth bad in mine.I was gona just weld it and have a posi drive lol. But let me know fast if you could cause its going back together real soon when my parts show up. And again thanks!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

You have one of the diff gears bad also? Be carefull when welding, I did one for a member and after reading, he was afraid to install it because I didn't heat treat it. Man these things can get expensive
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha