lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G14/G11 re-ring

If the entire cylinder looks like that, your good. You need to install a ring in the cylinder (useing the piston to center it in the bore) and messure ring end gap, .008-.016 in max .04 in. Your missing the choke shaft and disc assy I'll see if I can find some used parts for you. That is the low oil sensor (float), that wire should plug into the wireharness to the passanger side of the starter. Should be a black/red wire with a snap connection. If you need ring placement (offset)/torque specs and cam/balancer timing mark help, let me know....Heck your not that far from me, If you bring it to the shop (best day,on my day off, a saturday) we could put it togeather.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
If the entire cylinder looks like that, your good. You need to install a ring in the cylinder (useing the piston to center it in the bore) and messure ring end gap, .008-.016 in max .04 in. Your missing the choke shaft and disc assy I'll see if I can find some used parts for you. That is the low oil sensor (float), that wire should plug into the wireharness to the passanger side of the starter. Should be a black/red wire with a snap connection. If you need ring placement (offset)/torque specs and cam/balancer timing mark help, let me know....Heck your not that far from me, If you bring it to the shop (best day,on my day off, a saturday) we could put it togeather.
WOW.......!! Now that is an attractive offer, which I will definitely take into consideration, I'm not at all familiar with these engines and so I'll likely be shooting myself in the foot if I were to refuse so I'll just have to keep that open for now, and we will have to talk more about it thats fer shur !!!

I would really appreciate it if you were able to find some used pieces for that carb, I am getting sick of buying new yamaha parts, they are pretty proud of them thats for sure !! Oh and also yes I would like that information on the torque specs and alignment for the rings etc...!

I'll do a search for that wire now that the engine is out, I didn't see it laying anywhere obvious but maybe its tucked up under all the caked on dirt and oil.

Do you like Coho salmon ??
Robodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodad View Post
WOW.......!! Now that is an attractive offer, which I will definitely take into consideration, I'm not at all familiar with these engines and so I'll likely be shooting myself in the foot if I were to refuse so I'll just have to keep that open for now, and we will have to talk more about it thats fer shur !!!

I would really appreciate it if you were able to find some used pieces for that carb, I am getting sick of buying new yamaha parts, they are pretty proud of them thats for sure !! Oh and also yes I would like that information on the torque specs and alignment for the rings etc...!

I'll do a search for that wire now that the engine is out, I didn't see it laying anywhere obvious but maybe its tucked up under all the caked on dirt and oil.

Do you like Coho salmon ??
Who doesn't like salmon? Don't know if we've had Coho, as long as the bones are out and grilled with seasonings,butter,lemon and a few ice cubes in foil I had all the choke parts in my computor room (for another member that never got back to me), now they seem to be lost. I'll just have to tear apart another old carb for ya. You have exactly 24 hours to respond to my offer (9/25/2012 5:07pm) after that......you pay me TicToc,TicToc I'll try to get the specs/pix's up later, Seahawks and Greenbay on Monday night football, I have my priorities!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It is common for the oil ring to let go on yamaha and they smoke. The compression rings will still work and they run ok but smoke. I bought mine from a GC trade in back in '99 and ran it all the time on weekends until about 5yr ago it started losing power when hot. It always had synthetic oil in it, always clean and in tune but some days we did 6hours on the trails with 22 tires. Last summer just a hint of smoke came out and I didn't do any trails last few years. This summer it smoked more, pulled engine and put a new engine in but I was thinking of rebuilding it this winter to help fund the new clone engine.

It should run great if you do all that to it, long as the cylinder is not too large or out of round....causing the rings to not seal well.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Who doesn't like salmon? Don't know if we've had Coho, as long as the bones are out and grilled with seasonings,butter,lemon and a few ice cubes in foil I had all the choke parts in my computor room (for another member that never got back to me), now they seem to be lost. I'll just have to tear apart another old carb for ya. You have exactly 24 hours to respond to my offer (9/25/2012 5:07pm) after that......you pay me TicToc,TicToc I'll try to get the specs/pix's up later, Seahawks and Greenbay on Monday night football, I have my priorities!
SOLD !!! Oh wait.....what am I buying ??

I hear ya on the priorities, I am originally from Wisconsin so a Packer fan through and through......!! However I can now be a fan of the Seahawks too since I have lived here since 1991, This is a game that sucks for me to watch because someone has to lose

I will hopefully have the rings in my hot little hands tomorrow when ever UPS shows up and I'll see what the plan is for Saturday round here maybe I'll be able to get away and hold the flashlight while you put this thing together LOL !! I mean help me put it together I mean tell me what to do while I put it together and I'll let you know !!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Who doesn't like salmon? Don't know if we've had Coho
Perhaps you could come out here saturday and I'll take you Coho fishin, then come back to my place and assemble this engine.........I don't know thought Id throw that out there !!!

Go here to see how we have been doin !!!

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/in...,105793.0.html

Oh also would you know where I could locate the fan shrowd, I only have one piece and its broke, I think there is supposed to be 2 pieces, it was just zip-tied to the block when I bought the cart ??
Old 09-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodad View Post
Perhaps you could come out here saturday and I'll take you Coho fishin, then come back to my place and assemble this engine.........I don't know thought Id throw that out there !!!

Go here to see how we have been doin !!!

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/in...,105793.0.html

Oh also would you know where I could locate the fan shrowd, I only have one piece and its broke, I think there is supposed to be 2 pieces, it was just zip-tied to the block when I bought the cart ??
Time's expired Not much of a fisherman (but thanks for the offer) Found the choke stuff you need and yes I have some good used shrouding. The reason I suggested the shop is I have the tools and parts there. I'm shure you'll do fine. Torque spec's,rod nuts-29 ft lbs/ side case bolts-17 ft lbs/head bolts-20 ft lbs. Ring placement- (piston arrrow pointed to the front of the engine, top ring-11 oclock/second ring-5 oclock/lower oil ring-1 oclock and upper oil ring-7 oclock. See attached picture for timing marks. Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9290298.jpg (129.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #18
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Time's expired Not much of a fisherman (but thanks for the offer) Found the choke stuff you need and yes I have some good used shrouding. The reason I suggested the shop is I have the tools and parts there. I'm shure you'll do fine. Torque spec's,rod nuts-29 ft lbs/ side case bolts-17 ft lbs/head bolts-20 ft lbs. Ring placement- (piston arrrow pointed to the front of the engine, top ring-11 oclock/second ring-5 oclock/lower oil ring-1 oclock and upper oil ring-7 oclock. See attached picture for timing marks. Good luck
OK I'm not too sure what happened but I think I lost !! Anyhoo...I should get the rings today and I'll let you know how I do putting it back together, also let me know how much you want for the choke parts and shrowd as those are parts I could really use !!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

PM me your address and I'll ship them too you.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #20
Robodad
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Success !!! Got it all put back together and it runs and don't smoke anymore well at least it don't smoke as much but I think the smoke now is coming from the assembly lube and oil I used to put it all together !! So now I am running it for a few minutes then let it cool off and run it again and let it cool and will continue to do that about 10 times to give them rings a chance to seat before I turn it over to my son !!!

Thank You all for all the input and answers, I know there are still a few things left to do but its working again which is a good thing !!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha