lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
4strokejunkie
Not Yet Wild

Default G9a cart is using alot of oil

Got a G9a cart and it smokes all the time and alot,comsume's alot of oil.I checked valves and they are good .004.Compression is 150psi so i find it hard that i need rings..but maybe i do...any ideas would be great...thxs
4strokejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #2
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Default Re: G9a cart is using alot of oil

The valve guide seal might be bad. Also, check the inside of the air cleaner box - there could be oil pumped from the crankcase throught the breather hose. Check the oil level. If it's over-filled, the oil could go into the air box.

Hope this helps... Keep us posted!
SteveRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

Is it a lifted cart, if it is could be overfilled with oil. They only take 1 quart. Lifting tips the engine and makes the dipstick read incorrect.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
4strokejunkie
Not Yet Wild

It is just a reagular cart and the oil is not full cause it leaked all over the floor from oil bung..lol

So i tore the head off and the piston has play back and fourth and also i cranked enigine over a few times with the clutch and oil started to appear through the rings and on to the piston.I guess a rebuild is in order for this cart.My question is now how does the cylinder come off,from what i read it seems to be different...thxs
4strokejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4strokejunkie View Post
It is just a reagular cart and the oil is not full cause it leaked all over the floor from oil bung..lol

So i tore the head off and the piston has play back and fourth and also i cranked enigine over a few times with the clutch and oil started to appear through the rings and on to the piston.I guess a rebuild is in order for this cart.My question is now how does the cylinder come off,from what i read it seems to be different...thxs
The cylinder is part of the case, it doesn't come off. You have to take off the clutch (most times need a special clutch puller tool), the side cover and remove the rodnuts and cap and push the rod/piston up out of the cylinder. Could be just collapsed oil rings and worn compression rings, or may need to be bored oversized and new piston and rings installed.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The oil ring typically goes bad first on these, not sure why. They run fine but blow oil smoke. Sure it could have cylinder wear get a manual on here and check the specs.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha