lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Pulling motor on a G2 gas cart

I have to pull the motor on my G2 to replace the rings. I was wondering how heavy is it? Also is it better to remove the starter first? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bob T
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Pulling motor on a G2 gas cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwt101 View Post
I have to pull the motor on my G2 to replace the rings. I was wondering how heavy is it? Also is it better to remove the starter first? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bob T
Definatly remove the starter, makes it easer and lighter. I'd guess 50/60 lbs?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Pulling motor on a G2 gas cart

I pulled my G9 that is identical in 20min or so. It is about same weight as other similar lawn engines I guess, I just grabbed it and pulled it out. All you need to do is pop all the cables and plugs off, battery cables first, fuel line, airbox (2 bolts), muffler(4 bolts), and they all come off easily. Loosen the gen belt and remove, remove drive belt. Make sure all cables/wires/hose are off the entire engine. Then take the 4 bolts out of the engine 2 in front gen mount and 2 in rear mount. I'm sure I forgot something but it comes out easy. Put a jack or boards/etc under the engine to hold it before you pull the 4 bolts. Then its really easy to get at anything else left in there. You can remove the fuel tank and drive clutch first it might make it easier/lighter but not necessary.

The gen also only has one long bolt under it and it comes out, plus its wiring that you should label before you take off. But the gen is on the front engine mount you can leave in or take out, your choice. The rear mount is a tube deal across the cradle. The rubber mounts are on the cradle (rear swing arm frame) and the two mounts connect them to the engine block on the front and rear.

Here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...tml#post769005
The first photo is my clone engine mount. The two bars I put in there end right over the original engine mount holes. I only add the cross tube under the gen mount and the bars. The cross tube lowers the front of the clone engine because the lifted cart angles the mounts that much, the whole cradle is angled. Check out the factory gen mount plate in front and the tube rear mount, that is all factory, those are the engine mounts. The stock engine actually hangs down like 3-4" below the bolts/mounts, the oil pan hangs down. Note how I made the two factory mounts at the holes aim at each other, because they must or the rubber mounts will be bent over. The mounts fall down when you take the engine out. Some people or aftermarket mounts take them out and attach a larger mount at the cradle. I wanted to keep the rubber mounts/isolators in there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha