lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
nafis
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Old unusual Yamaha G1, need info

A friend gave me an old Yamaha G1 that was in a barn for many years (see page howmuchsnow.com/golfcart)

It doesn't have the serial number on the back square frame. It does have serial numbers stamped on the frame behind the air filter, on the engine block, and on a dashboard placard. The number ("07w0-2B-18") doesn't match any of the yamaha year numbers

I believe it is 1979-1981 because: 1) two separate square faced starter solenoids, 2) chrome bumpers, 3) front cowl metal plates below cup holders.

But the brakes are totally different. They are very similar to 1970 yamaha motorcycle brakes.

Does anyone have photos of a 1979 engine that I can compare features?

I see Yamaha started G1 manufacturing in 1978, but I only see manuals for 1979> Is there such a thing as a 1978 G1?
nafis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Old unusual Yamaha G1, need info

I saw 1 prototype that was a 1978. Overall the same as a 79/80, but with several differances. When you get a few more posts, add some pictures.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
nafis
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I put some photos in my Yamaha G1 Project Album, I assume other buggiesgond wild users can see it?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Yes sir, you have one of the very first "prototype" Yamaha golf cars to come into the USA Because of the splined/hub style axle, if the brake linings are bad, I would take it to a brake/clutch shop and have new linings glued on. It would much easier and less expensive than changing out axle tubes/axles/backing plates extra. Other components should be close to a 1979 model. That looks like one clean acr
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
nafis
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Have you ever seen serial numbers stamped in the frame behind the air cleaner and on the engine block?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

There is a Golf-Cart Junk-Yard in Bath,Ny.I think its' Walshs',He has stuff there.You might find a deal on an axle.I'll check with my Dad,he had a G1-rear,not sure if it was complete with brakes or not,but I'll find out.Are you Down-State(Albany or South?).I'm near Rochester.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
nafis
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I got the brake shoes relined at Becker & Sons in Menands NY (Near Albany). Not too many places do it any more. The brakes now work fine.

That's good to know about Walsh Repairs in Bath NY. This first cart has been so much fun, I think I'll look for another to play with :-)
Old 12-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Careful they are habit forming
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha