lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
Dirtyray
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Front Wheel Alignment... How do I do it?

How do I align the front wheels both toe in, toe out, caster, and camber? Sorry for sounding like such a newbie, but my cart has issues. Thanks for all that you have done and help you have given. I am working on it one issue at a time.

I just purchased a 1999 txt electric and I thought drag racing was hard. I'm still having issues with my first ezgo gas cart purchase lol.

I got the new belt and it seems to work a lot better lol! It has more lower end torque. I have already rewired it for key start and idle. Muffler modification and a lift kit have also been done. Probably going to have to put in a spring kit and a clutches to keep the clutch from coming on at idle.

Thank you everyone for the posts and replies they have been really helpful!
Dirtyray is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Front Wheel Alignment... How do I do it?

first i dont know that caster and camber is adjustable on this cart check the a arm bushings replacing those is about the only camber adjustment. the toe in is adjustable with the tie rod end , start with the wheels pointed strait then measure the distance on the front edge of the front of the wheels
(not the tires) then measure the back of the wheels the difference will be your toe adjustment you'll want to adjust you toe to 1/16" toe in / \ which means to have the front of the wheels 1/16" closer to than rear of the wheels. most golf cart front ends that are out of adjustment are due to worn bushings or damaged parts ie bent a arms, worn or bent tie rods.
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #3
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The only adjustment is the toe. 1/8" toe in seems to be the sweet spot.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
rib33024

Some thing like this--

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

I will add that after you set it, roll the cart forward and backwards a feet and recheck. Once it remains the same, lock it down and run the crap out of it.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Some thing like this--

Yeah something like that. Thanks rib!

Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
Lavorn
Getting Wild
Yamaha

You have likely already aligned your ft end, but if you haven't there are easier ways to do it. Having restored Model T Fords for years we generally DO measure the distance between the front of the front tires and the rear of the front tires. We generally measure from the fattest or center part of the tire. It has always worked fine on both our golf carts and the antique cars and we drive both on asphalt all the time and see no tire wear problems. It's not really kosher but its fast and easy. Just adjust tie rods according to need. Ck bushings for wear as that may be a problem too.
Lavorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavorn View Post
You have likely already aligned your ft end, but if you haven't there are easier ways to do it. Having restored Model T Fords for years we generally DO measure the distance between the front of the front tires and the rear of the front tires. We generally measure from the fattest or center part of the tire. It has always worked fine on both our golf carts and the antique cars and we drive both on asphalt all the time and see no tire wear problems. It's not really kosher but its fast and easy. Just adjust tie rods according to need. Ck bushings for wear as that may be a problem too.
That's how I did mine. I have to re-align mine as I put new king pin bushings in.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #9
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i do mine like all the jeeps ive had,and most cars for toe in..i take a bungee cord and strap a piece of tube,something very straight to each wheel so it sticks out a couple inches front and rear of the tire,then measure the difference front to back,and adjust to 1/8th inch toe in is my sweet spot also
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #10
Xonair
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for this thread. This made my left turning cart go straight again.
Xonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO