lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
mudbone789
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas G 29 Rear End noise

Hello all, new to the forum. Ive had this lifted g 29 a couple years and I'm hearing a clicking noise coming from the rear end when I slow down to a stop. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks....
mudbone789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas G 29 Rear End noise

First thing, check the axle nuts, they should be really torqued on and the collar between the hub and bearing should not rotate. Also check for axle bearing play/noice, expecially on the pasanger side, I've seen the bearing explode and that is a job to get the race out. If your hearing the noise on deceleration, Yamaha does recommend 4 oz of specialized gear lube addative. Last time I bought it, we went to a Mopar dealer. If you'd like I'll get the exact name. It has to do with the "wet" internal brakes. Good luck and welcome to BGW!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Smallblock knows his stuff when it comes to carts so he's probably right on target. I'd also like to add to check your gear selector cabling to make sure it is adjusted properly and lubricated back at the transaxle. It can get dry and out of adjustment and cause your forward/reverse gear to not engage completely. Usually if this is the case it will make noise all the time but worth a quick check. Just move your forward/reverse selector and watch/check your gear selector on the front of the transaxle.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

The special additive is...Mopar, limited slip additive, friction modifier. I beleive the part # is ms-10111
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
mudbone789
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Yall !! I will certainly check into this.
mudbone789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha