lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2015, 07:17 PM   #1
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default secondary clutch removal

Spent ALL day trying remove my secondary clutch.Not as talented as Mr Mike as thus far my home made tool has failed to remove my secondary clutch.Wish I would have bought the tool after all these hours of no positive results.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: secondary clutch removal

Home made tool failed AGAIN .Broke down and spent the $40 for the right tool.Secondary probably hasn't been off for 20 years.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #3
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

yeah that tool is worth its weight in gold...was in that spot many times before we broke down and bought a few...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Sometimes it pays to have the right tools. Did you try putting some penetrating oil on the shaft? Sometimes it will work it's way in there and help get it "unsticked" lol.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

This stuff is awesome. Was introduced to using it from the hyster forklift repair service techs at the automotive factory i work at. Its called aerokroil deep penetrating spray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (87.5 KB, 0 views)
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #6
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Put back together to use this weekend and when the puller tool arrives I will try again.Lesson learned.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:01 PM   #7
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Ray what reason are you needing to remove the clutch? Routine maintenance, inspection etc?? FYI the g29 carts the secondary clutches don't need a puller. Just a bolt and just slide them off. Very easy. Also the bolt is a 12 or 13mm and doesn't have that much torque on it. When I removed the secondary to install the plowmans kit on my 2013 the bolt came off easy with me holding it with one hand and just a 3/8" drive ratchet and socket. Now on the other hand the 2012.5 cart I purchased as a gift to my inlaws I couldn't budge the bolt. As if a gorilla at yamaha the day of assembly stood on the wrench to torque. Lol. I ended up having to use a huge electric impact gun the remove it. I was so scared I was gonna break the head off the bolt or round it off. Finally it came free and the bolt was HOT from all the torque from trying to reverse for so long. I had plowman to send me all me parts when I reinstalled the clutch. New bolt, washer, and spacer just to be safe. A touch of anti sieze and torqued to the proper specs, I shouldn't have any issues removing it in the future. I've never attempted to remove the primary though. Looks like a pain in the rear because of the frame rail right up next to the bolt
Old 07-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #8
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I have an early g14 with G2-8 type transaxle. I can see the spider pads are worn so I got the new and improved spider and also want to replace E clip with spacer.And got a umax spring I have a feeling my 20 year old stocker is weak.I am just trying to prevent damage to input shaft and or outer sheaf.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #9
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Nothing wrong with preventative maintenance. Let us know the aftermath when you get the tool
Old 07-04-2015, 10:08 PM   #10
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

When I still had the yamaha engine in I used the primary tool with my air impact gun and that clutch and it virtually flew off, but that was with the engine out of the cart.Also used the air impact gun on the 17mm bolt on the secondary without any problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha