lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #11
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: secondary clutch removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Ray what reason are you needing to remove the clutch? Routine maintenance, inspection etc?? FYI the g29 carts the secondary clutches don't need a puller. Just a bolt and just slide them off. Very easy. Also the bolt is a 12 or 13mm and doesn't have that much torque on it. When I removed the secondary to install the plowmans kit on my 2013 the bolt came off easy with me holding it with one hand and just a 3/8" drive ratchet and socket. Now on the other hand the 2012.5 cart I purchased as a gift to my inlaws I couldn't budge the bolt. As if a gorilla at yamaha the day of assembly stood on the wrench to torque. Lol. I ended up having to use a huge electric impact gun the remove it. I was so scared I was gonna break the head off the bolt or round it off. Finally it came free and the bolt was HOT from all the torque from trying to reverse for so long. I had plowman to send me all me parts when I reinstalled the clutch. New bolt, washer, and spacer just to be safe. A touch of anti sieze and torqued to the proper specs, I shouldn't have any issues removing it in the future. I've never attempted to remove the primary though. Looks like a pain in the rear because of the frame rail right up next to the bolt
Removing the primary was made easier by loosening the engine mounting bolts (and removing the muffler) and tipping the engine away from the frame rail.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #12
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: secondary clutch removal

WOW,WOW,WOW, Put in umax spring set on B1 with new spider and spacer.Shifts like a dream and no more jerky stops or slowing down.With the puller sheaf came right off.This set up works really well with comet 780, clone engine and the umax set on B1.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha