lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2020, 11:06 AM   #341
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

It also depends on the Controller, If you had an Alltrax XCT you do not even need to do that as the charger lockout signal is programable.

In either case You also need to run the negative wire from charger receptacle directly to pack negative and for that it is easier to just cut the two 10ga black wires that go into the OBC and splice them together.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2020, 09:10 PM   #342
Pawnmaster
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

2005 Club car OBC wiring OBC removed from cart

Best I can tell, #10 black wire goes to the charge port which I have eliminated, #18 red wire goes to a sonic weld to the solenoid and to the F/n/r
#18 yellow goes to a sonic weld with green to the controller and green to the MCOR
#16 white sonic weld, pink to f/n/r, grey to the controller and green to the 9pin dash
#18 Brown/white goes to 9pin
#18 light blue to controller
#10 and #6 black going to the controller

If I go from battery negative to the controller I eliminate all the black wires
If I clip the yellow and red wires at the sonic weld the run/tow still functions?
Connect the white, blue whote together at the sonic weld the f/n/r is still connected to the dash 9 pin and the controller (switched power?)

The brown and white can just be capped and buried

Trying to eliminate as much unnecessary wiring as possible
Pawnmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:39 AM   #343
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I recently purchased a 2004 Carryall (DS Based) with PowerDrive, it came with a non-functioning DPI charger (see photos).

I have been charging with a PowerDrive charger, so OBC is functioning.

I installed a new circuit board in the DPI charger, connected it across the pack (it came with ring tongue terminals, not round CC connector) and it seems to work just fine.

I emailed DPI and they said this charger can be mounted on board and left connected across the pack.

My question - is there a need to bypass the OBC? Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned carts locking out after a few days if PD charger is not connected. I think this was for a newer cart, just thought I'd ask.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger 1.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Charger 2.jpg (154.4 KB, 0 views)
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 08:29 AM   #344
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

As long as your DPI charger is configured/capable of starting a new charge cycle by cycling the AC power, just connect the negative ring connector (5/16") of the charger output to controller B- instead of pack negative.

The OBC will then sense the charging current.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #345
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks Sergio - makes sense. My Controller terminals are very corroded (I live on the coast) and may not survive messing with, new controller and wiring is planned. In the short term I guess I can either pass the wire from the charger through the hole in the OBC to pack negative, or splice it into the small black wire connecting the OBC to Controller B-.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (45.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #346
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If You can splice it to the 10ga negative wire from OBC to Controller B- that will be a better option.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:55 AM   #347
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Got it, thanks for your assistance.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:21 PM   #348
RZA
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Long time first time. I've read through this thread, but with so many different models requiring a different bypass solution, it can get confusing to a non-expert. Just wanting to verify the process before I start anything.

Cart: 2013 CC Precedent IQ 48v (4x12v). Recently had to purchase a new charger. Went with the Modz Max, which requires an OBC bypass for the 4x12v setup.

For this model cart, do I only need to cut the black wire coming from the charging receptacle and connect it to the negative terminal of battery 4, or do I also need to modify the 6-pin connector as described early in this thread?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Last edited by RZA; 01-23-2021 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: added model year
RZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 06:04 PM   #349
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Hey guys 2008 Precedent with Alltrax 400amp xct. I'm going to splice the receptacle negatives, so would I simply unplug the 6 pin and leave it unplugged? Then splice and join blue and white? All this sound right?

Or would it be better to change the setting in the alltrax?
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:53 AM   #350
Don L
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2009 Precedent and since bypassing the OBC am having trouble with brake lights working. Have a 2013 Vintage Madjax kit installed which connects to the three wire harness under the floor boards. I believe there is no power. Meter between wires shows no power.

Could bypassing the OBC cause this? There is a Grey wire previously connected to the OBC. Simply cut the grey wire and did not do anything with it as I thought it was going to B- or pack negative. Used the proper bypass procedure mentioned in this post and removed OBC from cart,
Don L is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car