lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
LuckyPenny
Not Yet Wild

Default Cheap way to make Yamaha Drive faster

My neighbor has a Yamaha electric 48v cart serial number Jw9-401338. From what I can tell it is a "Drive." We went out the other day and my TXT48 blows it out of the water. He is looking for an affordable way to make it atleast as fast as my stock cart. It will be used for all on pavement driving with a couple kids on board. He has a lift and 23" tires. Has anybody had any luck with anything other than the $1400 kits? Thanks
LuckyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cheap way to make Yamaha Drive faster

Use the Alltrax XCT48400 controller and SW180 solenoid. The cart will be doing about 23 mph on the flats.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
LuckyPenny
Not Yet Wild

Great. Thank you very much
LuckyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:55 AM   #4
maxhighlife
Not Yet Wild

Scotty I have tried the Alltrax XCT48400 and I have converted to 6-8V with 23" tires and with the stock controller I get 22 and with the Alltrax I get 22mph I have even max the programming out and turned off the speed sensor and my very best full charge has only bumped 23 mph

Did I just get lucky with my stock controller code or am I missing something with the alltrax? Thanks
maxhighlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #5
pawj03
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar question to this thread...and some possible insight to the original post.
I started with the basic G29 Drive...pre-lift it was 12 mph (stock tire size). I installed brand new Trojan batteries (I have a 12v cart) and the Alltrax XCT48400 controller mentioned in this post...that took the cart to approx 16-17 mph on the flats (this is with new 23" tires). For the money, I really thought that it would be faster than that. Downhill, the thing will move 20+ but fades quickly going up any hills (referencing a 4% grade to the house). If I compare this to my RXVs, there is no comparision...those things are quick and hold their speed no matter where they are (I realize a different design all together).

I have not installed the solenoid mentioned earlier in the chain, but I am certainly not seeing 23mph on flat ground. The Alltrax controller is super torquey low end, but I'm lacking top speed and high end torque.

Hopefully this helps to provide some insight to the original poster and I would appreciate any feedback as to if my results are typical or not...thanks
pawj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha