lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #11
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finally bit the bullet

I'm assuming that is the fuse that came with it, taped to the front of the controller?
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #12
Jibba
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes , It's a must.
Jibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #13
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Two things poped out at me while looking through the manual for this controller. Saw a note that mentioned the "Tach spped limiting is disabled on PDS cars" and "the Tach wires from the motor are unused and should be secured to the motor frame". Not sure which wires they are referring.

Secondly, I saw where a Diode (1A, 100V) is to be installed across the solenoid/contactor coil and other relays that may be installed for extra lights or accessories. My lights and accessories are wired directly to my batteries. Do I still need the Diode on the Solenoid?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
Jibba
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

You should have one on there. Is there not one now?

The wire comes out of the end of the motor. With a 3 prong plug. It's the speed sensor.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #15
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
You should have one on there. Is there not one now?

The wire comes out of the end of the motor. With a 3 prong plug. It's the speed sensor.
I will double check for the diode when I get home but dont remember seeing it. Would it be worth stopping by the store and buying one just in case? Is it necessary?

The wire from th motor, does it plug into the controller usually and needs to be separated from a wiring harness? Or do I have to unplug at the motor and secure to the frame?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #16
Jibba
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It plugs into the controller. It will have 3 pins and you just need to tie it off so it doesn't drag. You should make sure you have the diode on and it is going in the right direction. If you need more info go to the Alltrax site and check up on it. It will be a warranty issue if you don't have one and something goes wrong.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:12 AM   #17
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, I got the Alltrax installed without any issues I was a little nervous right before I put power to it....I had this vision of hitting the key switch and there being bright sparks and a lot of smoke, but to my suprise I heard a click and the green light went through its sequence and stayed constant green. I had to double check the light codes as I knew this couldnt be right, there has to be some issue Batteries were not charged to 100% but had to take it for a test drive anyway. GPS at 17 mph which is about 1 to 2 mphs slower than stock with the freedom chip. Unfortunately I did not have the rs232 to usb cable to play with it. I'll pick one up today, and start playing. I have gone to Alltrax and downloaded the "39 program" and have it saved on my computer. Now that it is there will the computer typically recognize the controller when I plug it in and power it up?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

FYI, the software will not see the controller unless the green light is ON. This means the solenoid needs to be engaged, which also means the key switch is ON, the cart is in gear, and the gas pedal depressed. BE CAREFULL!

There is a method to power up the Alltrax with a 9v transistor battery, but I do not have specifics on this. This method would be much safer.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #19
Rock
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Gorno, but my green light stays on after I cut my key swith to on. It doesnt go off. At least it didnt for the time I was looking at it before I couldnt stand it anymore and had to close the seat and drive that puppy! But I will definitly take your advice if the computer doesnt read the controller while sitting still....Man I would be sick if I were sitting there trying to program this thing and the computer wouldnt recognize the controller only because I didnt know to push the gas peddle.

Is there any reset method like I had with the stock controller, such as "flip from tow to run, cut the key on, and move FnR switch forward and reverse five times to reset the setting"?
Old 05-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #20
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

One item that I found out about White Rogers Solenoids that really make me angry, is that they have at least (2) different manufacturers making the ( SAME BRANDED ITEM ) but as far as I am conserned there is a world of difference in QUALITY? I know in this age its common for parts to be made outside the USA, BUT at least in the case of White Rogers they abide by the law and show WHERE PARTS ARE MADE. When purchasing ANY PARTS look for the small letters that say ( MADE IN CHINA ) and then walk away because as far as QUALITY ITS NOT THERE.
Many after market parts are coming with NO LOCATION on them ( Which is required by law ) and I find that quality has gone down the drain with them so buyer beware.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO