lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2020, 09:21 PM   #1
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What do I do next?!

Hello everyone! I am a first time builder here to golf carts. I have a 2004 TXT and am finally getting somewhere with it. I acquired a new to me fairly clean white body that I want to use, and I am getting close to putting things back together. Unfortunately, the things I'd like to do, I am not sure how/what order to do them in!

So here's where I am....I have basically a frame right now with a few of the parts still on. No motor or batteries. I had to remove the lower floorboard due to it rusting all the way through. I have acquired a new one that's being shipped to me.

So before that - I think I need to spray something on the frame to prevent more rusting. I read about what I think was called "Hercules Paint" and I read about something called POR15. Should I just paint the rusted parts (nothing is horrible other than the floor pan which I removed) with that POR15 and be good?

Once that's thats done, I should be able to install my new floor pan.

Next - do I add my lift kit now before the body is on? Or should I bolt the body on and then do the lift kit? As far as the lift kit - I don't know what I need/don't need. I won't use the cart off road really....it'll travel with the RV and maybe do some fun drivign in the neighborhood. I don't mind a cheap lift kit, but I don't know crap about lift kits, so I don't even have a clue where to start. I see axle lift, or something rather - but any assistance here would be great!

So after either the lift kit, or body or whatever else, I imagine I need to add in the floor mat, and then the rocker panels, and then the metal pieces that hold the mat down....I think.

I am sorry for all these newbish questions, and I should probably see if there are some build threads somewhere here.....but here are some pictures of where I am!

God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
God of Thunder
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What do I do next?!

And of course I'd post this in GAS instead of Electric.
God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO