lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
mpilot
Not Yet Wild

Default Where/How is the best way to pickup a cheap project cart

I have been reading a lot and some of you guys seem to be able to get the deals on these project carts and I was wondering what the best way to approach this was. I am going to buy a regular cart but think I am going to leave it stock and buy another one to make a little more extreme as I have access to gas motors very readily so I save a good bit of money on that. A free cart would be awesome but I would be willing to pay a little bit for one, but not thousands of dollars just to rip it to shreds if you know what I mean. If I don't have much in it and it takes forever to build I will not get nearly as much grief from my wife. Thanks in advance for the tips/advice!
mpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2009, 11:53 PM   #2
todd108s
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Where/How is the best way to pickup a cheap project cart

www.craigslist.com.............
todd108s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #3
mpilot
Not Yet Wild

I have been looking in my area, but nothing really comes up to be honest...not for less than over 1000. Guess I will just keep checking back there. Thanks though.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
todd108s
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I check on a daily base's in and around my area.I seem to see them alot lately.I found a 94 ezgo project.
(look's like it's missing the rearend and ??)Look's to be 90% there and for $150. I look every day,that's what you have to do to get the good deal's.
todd108s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:59 AM   #5
Pappy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

You might find a deal at a golf course from somebody who knows somebody,etc.Thats where I found mine,but I looked for quite a while before I hit upon a good deal,but like the man said,look every day.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
enjoylife..itsshort
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree with the Craigslist answers. You really do have to check everday to see what's out there. Takes about 15 minutes for me to check all my categories (sporting, tools, farm and garden, rvs). I've bought and sold a few things on there. Also, type in "cart" "golf cart" or even "golf" in the search engine on Craigslist and you may catch one that way if someone has miscategorized it. As for the grief from the wife, it don't matter how cheap I got something, I still catch it. Until she finds out that whatever I bought "is fun". Oh well, part of being married.
enjoylife..itsshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree you have to check everyday and check surrounding areas. I found a very clean 96 marathon 804 utility cart runs perfect with not a single problem. It also has a electric dump cylinder. I had to drive 90 mins to pick it up but it was worth it. Good hunting and don't forget if you pick up complete running cart you can always sell the unwanted parts you strip off.
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
mopar92
Gone Wild

I had very good luck on the craigslist.... there are very few "great deals". I think in this day in age, you'll pay near market value. The power of the internet has leveled the playing grounds as for the buyer finding an egg...
mopar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 PM   #9
mpilot
Not Yet Wild

I have found a couple through asking around this evening. So far I have found:

A 1988 EZGo pc4gx with the 3pg 2 cycle motor. It is factory everything including the four seats and lights. Paint is a little faded, seats are good but mildewed. Top is in good shape, but definitely the body needs paint. Tires are about 50% but I plan on lift/tires as soon as I can afford it. A family friend was asking 1500 but will let it go to me for 1000, but I might could get him as low as 800.

A Yamaha that looks to be mid 90's model from the pictures I have seen, shop owner isn't sure of year of the top of his head. The driven clutch needs to be rebuilt or replaced, it is already lifted with tires on it that again are about 50% tread. Seats are shot and will have to be rebuilt from the foam up but it does have a rear seat installed already. No lights and the body needs to be painted bad. It is on consignment at a golf cart repair shop and the owner of the shop threw out a number of 800 for this cart. I would definitely low ball and offer 500 to start hoping to get it for a little less because it has been sitting up there for a few months and all the money goes towards the new cart he bought.

Both motors could use tuneups, belts, etc. Just basic maintenance things. Big question is what are the pro's/con's between the two carts. Money is tight because my wife and I relocated for my job and she has been out of work 2 months but just found a job (thank goodness). I don't mind putting a little money in these things over time, but i just want a lifted and running cart to get me through this fall/winter when all the people in our neighborhood take them in the woods around here.

Last edited by mpilot; 09-30-2009 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: clarification
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO