lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Switch on the floorpan

My 91CC has mounting holes in the floorpan right where you would see the "brights" switch on a 70ish automobile, it looks factory, what would this be for, lights maybe?
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Switch on the floorpan

Typically, that is for a horn button on golf carts.

Good luck
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

I thought of that but it's an awful place for a horn because in that event your left foot would already be on the brake, but then again I have 0 experience driving a golf cart, probably never even use the brake except to park. I'm thinking about using it to enable a headlight.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Although it was about thirty seven years ago, I seam to remember being taught in drivers education that left foot braking was not recomended for two reasons,
1 manual transmission cars.
2 left foot braking typically leads to resting your foot on the brake rendering brake lights useless.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

OMG your right! I must be getting senile or something daaaa. Good place for a horn.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
PIB-My-Ride
Getting Wild

Club Car

The first time I rented a street-legal cart in our busy tourist village, just as I sat down and got comfortable, the "alarm" went off. I had no idea how to disarm it, so I looked over to the rental counter for advice. I couldn't hear a word they were saying, so the alarm kept blaring. As I'm looking all over for some kind of switch to turn it off, a guy from the street walks up to me and says, "dude, TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE HORN!"

That did the trick. :)

Many years later, that experience came in handy when I installed a horn in my own cart - I knew right where it went.
PIB-My-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are actually 2 cut outs, as i recall. I use the one closest to the outside of the cart. That puts my horn button directly under my cup holder.

This is a picture of my carryall. It doesn't have cup holders on it but the button cutout is in the same place on the cart. That is a like 60 amp switch for a starter. A bit overkill, but it comes with that nice weather proof rubber cover for it. I have a horn button in the same place on all my carts so it is easy to remember it is there.

Almost all headlight switches i see are on the dash. and to the left of the column. I have only run across one cart that actually had a dimmer down there. it was a 81. Most of the headlight kits now are single filament bulbs.

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #8
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yep that's the exact location, by the way I applied power to my reverse signal today and boy does it make an annoying squeel, it definately lets you know when in reverse, someone had it unplugged, I know why now!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car