lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 1990 CC - Refurb and Restart

My hunting Sponsor in SC wore his CC out. It just wouldn't go anymore. Starter/Gen would turn the engine over, but there was no start.

Thursday night I drove from E. Central FL to Union, SC, picked it up, and brought it back on Friday for R&R. Today, I pressure washed the orange SC clay off and it is Sky Blue in color. Who knew?

I went through rebuilding the carburetor, verifying the plug spark, checking vacuum to the fuel pump, checking the fuel filters, checking the fuel lines, even checking if the starter/generator had the engine turning CW instead of CC.

All checked out OK and when pouring gas down the fuel line manually (in Service Mode), the cart started! From there, and with everything put back in normal place, the cart would start but it would not "gear up" into high rev, except by manual control of the carburetor.

Taking the Black Box apart I found the throttle cable frozen. That SC dirt had gotten in there and even PB Blaster is not getting it to clear. Where that linkage should move freely, it is bound and extremely tight.

A replacement linkage will be on order Monday. I also had to remove the backup horn as it was in "constant mode" and would not shut off. I do nto have that diagnosed just yet. Tomorrow I find out why it has "no brakes".
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 CC - Refurb and Restart

Pictures pictures ...etc.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Nice, sounds like you got a good start! I just did this with a 91 cart completly redid everything and added a lift. Im in Cocoa Beach.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

The motor in mine was a 341cc flat head made by Kawasaki. I was able to get alot of random gaskets seal and bearing cheaper at the mower shop Bruces in Merritt Island. Im sure Bucks in Titusville can order them for you also.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Krazymatt...I am actually in N. Merritt Island. M&B Golf carts on Pine Tree PL off of Cox Road in W. Cocoa is a decent supplier of OEM parts. Their on-hand prices leave me just a little cold, but Kevin has worked with me a time or two, when I come prepared with INet prices and shipping costs as comparison pricing. I bought brake cables and shoes today form him. I bought the accelerator cable on-line and am awaiting shipment. I do not think there is a lot more to do, or that I am going to do. I am not going to break the engine down. If it isn't broken, I am not going to fix it.

Here are some pics (max of 5 it says):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0037.jpg (132.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0039.jpg (151.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0041.jpg (168.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0045.jpg (137.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0050.jpg (190.5 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

5 more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0047.jpg (163.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0035.jpg (153.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0051.jpg (139.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0038.jpg (142.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0036.jpg (140.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 02-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thats the purpose of the black box behind the fuel tank in the 4th picture on your second set? Just curious, My cart doesnt have that but i also have a DS and not a carryall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0038.jpg (9.7 KB, 100 views)
Old 02-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Derrr im a tard, Just noticed its the wheel wells. Mine look different since they are round.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #9
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

I forgot the fuel filters (2) yesterday and discussing with M&B this morning discover they can be just about any brand provided they are similar to the ones on there now. Why there are two (2) on this cart I do not know. One (1) is upstream of the fuel pump, which is where it should be. The second (2nd) is downstream of the fuel pump, an unlikely place or so it seems to me.

I decided to replace the fuel lines and vacuum line as they have been in there for a LONG time and they are inexpensive to upgrade. I am told that automotive fuel and vacuum lines of the same diameter are acceptable.

I am sending this link to my SC Sponsor for his monitoring of progress. Won't he be surprised when I show up at his place telling him there was no hope for his old gas cart, I sold it for salvage value, and replaced it with a battery powered ELECTRIC CART (hehe...there is no electricity at his hunting camp).

If that goes over like the proverbial Lead Balloon (as I suspect it will; and it should), I will just revert to painting the whole thing bright yellow (zinc chromate yellow) with some red and green accents, hanging a bunch of brightly colored "dingo balls" around the surrey, and referring to the cart as "La Bamba!" Should look good as a "hunting wagon"...hehe.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

The dude at All Brevard Golf Cars off Eyster is pretty cool to deal with.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car