lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
splitkooks
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Question Engine swap/upgrade question...

When motor swapping with one of the kits (bu's honda, or cpp's vtwin), how fast will a cart go?

As i understand it, i wont be able to go much faster than I am now (2001 Clubcar Carryall1 w/jakes 6") due to the gearing. Am I wrong?

I wanna re-gear anyways, but know that I wont have the power to climb the hill to my house without the enough of power...

Am i Wrong, or confused?
splitkooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: Engine swap/upgrade question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitkooks View Post
When motor swapping with one of the kits (bu's honda, or cpp's vtwin), how fast will a cart go?

As i understand it, i wont be able to go much faster than I am now (2001 Clubcar Carryall1 w/jakes 6") due to the gearing. Am I wrong?

I wanna re-gear anyways, but know that I wont have the power to climb the hill to my house without the enough of power...

Am i Wrong, or confused?
Neither wrong nor confused split. Any big block motor will give you a lot more grunt off the line and more torque = more climbing power but unless you go with some tuning modifications you won't get a big increase in top speed from standard. Now, having said that; removing the governor will give more rpm and a better top end but you should seriously give some thought to installing a tachometer and using some self restraint to keep it under 4000 rpms for all but short bursts.
Check out the posts here.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-block-talk/

FC

Last edited by fastercarter; 03-30-2012 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Forgot a bit.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Engine swap/upgrade question...

my ds with a 23 briggs and rev kit running 25" tires(actually 24") will top 40. but that is really spinning it up. the cool part is that it has plenty of power to pull 4 of us on the cart up a hill, or to pull a trailer around.

speed is a mathmatical equation. if you don't make the big block spin any faster that the stock motor goes you speed on a flat ground will be about the same. I have hit 28mph with my campground cart that has a stock motor and 20.5 inch tires. again that is really spinning that lil motor though..
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car