lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Slow 85 Ds Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay17046 View Post
I forgot to add this.

It has 5 solenoids. How do I check to see if they are OK. They are pertty dirty and hopefully I will be taking the body off and I want to clean them up ( all contacts and wires) to see if that makes a difference.

jack the rear up and get yourself close enouh to hear them good, take seat off and liston to the solenoids engage.......1st click no wheel movement, 2nd click wheels start spinning and if you watch as each solenoid clicks wheels should spin fasterdo this slowly and just listen and watch......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #12
Clay17046
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well it's another year and I'm back with more questions.

On my 85 cc, I had qll the batterys load tested at a garage and all the batterys tested good. I had a fork lift mechanic check it out and he recomended that I get the motor re-brushed and replace the speed controller.

Is there anything else I can do to the cart to make it run better on hills?
Clay17046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
Clay17046
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's a new year and I started to work on the cart again. I had my mechanic check the batteries in the cart and they tested good. I replaced the speed controler in the cart. Now when I press the pedel nothing happens with the first 4 clicks, but when it hit the 5th click it will burn rubber. I've just received a solinlod replacement kit for it and will be replacing them this weekend.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #14
Clay17046
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's a new year and I started to work on the cart again. I had my mechanic check the batteries in the cart and they tested good. I replaced the speed controler in the cart. Now when I press the pedel nothing happens with the first 4 clicks, but when it hit the 5th click it will burn rubber. I've just received a solinlod replacement kit for it and will be replacing them this weekend.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #15
Clay17046
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile Re: Slow 85 Ds Club Car

To All,

Thanks for all the help on my 85 Club Car. Here is the update on it. So far I replaced the Control box, All 5 Solonoids and the Micro switch on the F/R switch. The cart went from slow go to no go. The cart would not go until you heard the 5 click from the SCS (Speed control switch). At the 5th click the cart would eather lay rubber or try to put thr front end off the ground. After switching out the speed control switch many time (old to new to old to new). I finally riped apart the SCS and found that the wires were on the 5 Microswitches, were on in reverse order. (This was a brand new switch not used). After re-wiring the SCS and installiong it the cart work fine. It has good power and is faster.

Again thanks for all the help..=)

Tags
slow up hills
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car