lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
pgbrose
Not Yet Wild

Question 85 ezgo gas wont turn over

I had problems with it going into reverse so I messed with bolts on switch trying to get a better connection but all I did was cause forward to go out so I bought a new one on and now I don't have anything I hooked the wires up the same way they came off abcd with a extra wire to c that goes to starter/generator. the only way I can get to turn over is to put a jumper across solenoid any suggestions I even jumped micro switch that was for accelator and if anyone nows were I can get a wiring diagram that would be awesome thanks
pgbrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 ezgo gas wont turn over

Based on your narrative, it is likely a solenoid problem.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
pgbrose
Not Yet Wild

Red face Re: 85 ezgo gas wont turn over

Thanks that's what I thought but didn't want to spend more money on a guess
Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
pgbrose
Not Yet Wild

I ended up going to dicks auto supply and they cross referenced it for me and end up having one in stock cheaper then ordering online and paying shipping so it never hurts to try your local auto parts store.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
pgbrose
Not Yet Wild

Default 85 gas ezgo no turn over

I had to replace a forward reverse switch on cart so when my brother did that it arced on something so when it wasready to try it there was nothing so we jumped solenoid and it turned over so we replaced that and still nothing but we found a small wire that comes off the right side small post of solenoid that had a spade connector on it that looked like it was burnt of most likely from it arching so if you now were that would go or if you no were I can get a wiring diagram for it so I can try and locate where that wire came off at my email is pgbrose@ hot mail.com. thanks for everything you can suggest or find for me
Old 05-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #6
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgbrose View Post
I ended up going to dicks auto supply and they cross referenced it for me and end up having one in stock cheaper then ordering online and paying shipping so it never hurts to try your local auto parts store.
a car solenoid will not last, if the guy at the auto store did not give you a ( continuous duty solenoid ? ) you have the wrong one, The 12-Volt Solenoid is a 4-terminal, continuous duty solenoid that is manufactured for 1979-1994 E-Z-GO Gas Marathon Models , can you post some pic of under the seat so we can see what is going on,

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...iagram-id.html

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO