lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
ridgerunner51
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Charging Time

Just replaced all six batteries in my 97 Club Car 48 volt regen, had my fingers crossed the whole time, and it ran!!!!! Bought the cart d.o.a was told it ran but you never really know until you hit the pedal. After I gave the cart a short run I plugged the charger in and it kicked on,gauge on charger went to 5 and kept running . I went out about an hour and a half later and the charger was off, is that normal ? I thought it would run for a set time then shut down. I had the charger bench checked about a month ago at the local CC dealer and they said it was fine. Also while we`re at it , can someone tell me about the led gauges on the dash . The one on the left has a scale type reader it lights one bar all the way to the right ,and the one seems to be a idiot light with a battery outline on it .Thanks in advance .....
ridgerunner51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

Default Re: Charging Time

All sounds normal to me, for that short run. You will figure those gauges out as you use the cart.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunner51 View Post
Also while we`re at it , can someone tell me about the led gauges on the dash . The one on the left has a scale type reader it lights one bar all the way to the right ,and the one seems to be a idiot light with a battery outline on it .Thanks in advance .....
The Scale with one line at a time shows full when the 1 line is to the right and will move to the left when you battery voltage begins to drop. The other orange light is just that, an idiot light that even Club Car still hasn't figured out completely yet! LOL Your best bet is to actually test your pack voltage and keep it no less then 48.41 which is 50% to maintain your batteries state of charge and condition down the road.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
ridgerunner51
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So the charger will only stay on until the batteries reach a full charge ? Is that the way it works ?
Old 03-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
JRay
**** guzzler
Club Car

Yes, an automatic charger.
JRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
ridgerunner51
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you all for the help .
Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
The Scale with one line at a time shows full when the 1 line is to the right and will move to the left when you battery voltage begins to drop. The other orange light is just that, an idiot light that even Club Car still hasn't figured out completely yet! LOL Your best bet is to actually test your pack voltage and keep it no less then 48.41 which is 50% to maintain your batteries state of charge and condition down the road.
Now that you have invested in a set of batteries this is the soundest advice you can get .The manufacture warns to never draw thew pack down below 50%. Doing so will shorten the usable life....Good luck...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:52 AM   #8
ridgerunner51
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok thanks Scotty,I`ll keep an eye on that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car