lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2019, 05:33 PM   #1
Brandon6.0
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO solenoid and TIS issues

I'm helping a buddy on his EZGO. He had his son hook up some new batteries and he hooked things up wrong. I'm thinking he might have burnt up something.

here is were I'm at:

he has 36 volts battery packs. tested at solenoid and everything looks fine with voltage on the big terminals. Checked this using manuals and research.

the small terminals have -36v on blue
and nothing on yellow with switch in test/tow mode.

If I move switch to run mode I get 36v on yellow without any throttle input. Solenoid has yet to click using throttle etc.

thin I started checking the tis system. I have no variation of the throttle voltage when testing the white wire at the throttle box. The ignition and f/r switch has 36v as it should.

So I'm at a lose at to if it might be a controller issue or the throttle issue. But I still feel like something isn't right for 36v on the yellow wire without any throttle input. Does this seem like I'm on the right track with my testing? any help is appreciated greatly!

My buddy purchased this cart and hasn't even been able to use it since buying it. He just dumped over $600 into new batteries etc. thanks guys!
Brandon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2019, 07:14 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO solenoid and TIS issues

The pedal does not have to be pushed to get B+ on yellow wire at solenoid.
The following conditions are needed to get B+ on yellow wire:
1. Charger disconnected.
2. Run/Tow in Run.
3. Either F or R selected on F/R switch.
4. Key ON.

Solenoid is energized when pedal switch contacts close and B+ is applied to J4 Pin-1, telling the PDS cont6roller to apply B- to the blue wire.

------------
The voltage on the white wire stays constant. It is the black wire that is supposed to vary from 1.0V +/-0.3V when solenoid clicks to 2.9V +/-0.4V with pedal on floor.

The attached may help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS ITS check-1.JPG (31.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS ITS check-2.JPG (92.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Voltage paths through PDS controller.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Jacks Pin-1 in red.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:04 PM   #3
Brandon6.0
Not Yet Wild

Ok tht helps alot. I noticed this cart doesnt have any fuses. Are there any located in the controller. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:25 PM   #4
Brandon6.0
Not Yet Wild

ok so I read over what u are saying so with everything working as it should, the controller is not sending B- to the blue wire. So this most likely points toward a controller issue? with his son hooking battery up backwards I'm almost certain he fried the controller. Do u know where to find a good used one? Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO