lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2020, 02:46 PM   #1
Robby_Dobby
Not Yet Wild

Default 2013 EZGO 2017 Custom Build Speed Sensor

Good Afternoon,

I am a newbie to owning a golf cart, With the pandemic and all, I thought it was a good idea to go ahead and get one to drive around the neighborhood. My friend sold me one at a reasonable price, it turns out I'm putting way more into it.

My problem is speed, He said batteries were bad so I tested them and they were and got new batteries. Changed them out, and the golf cart is still doing the same speed (10 mph). So then I thought freedom mode wasn't turned on, so I had someone come out and turn it on. Golf Cart still runs the same MPH. The tech was nice enough to plug into it and ride with me, Curtis computer said there was a speed sensor fault. So I ordered the speed sensor and magnet after research on which one to order. Well, I change that out and still going the same MPH. I get back under the cart and chased the wire. Well, the wire is CUT.

My question is, What wiring harness does the speed sensor connect into? Does it plug into the controller or the main harness? Is this fixable by just replacing the piece of wire, or do I need to change the whole main harness out?

Thank you for your answers with this.

Robby Simpson
Robby_Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2020, 04:22 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 EZGO 2017 Custom Build Speed Sensor

IF you have a TXT-48, here's a schematic showing how the speed sensor is wired to the controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48v TXT diagram.JPG (95.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:42 AM   #3
Robby_Dobby
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much!

I work in Diesel engine field and lucky one of my techs can ready these charts better than me so they're going to come out and look at it.

Thank you
Robby_Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

He'll have to probe the backside of the connector while it is connected.

Negative test lead on controller's B- terminal and positive test lead on Pin-14 (white wire).

With cart ready to drive except for pedal not being pushed, push cart by hand and there ought to be a slight voltage seen on DVM. Push cart faster and voltage ought to get higher. (You're looking at positive pulses on the white wire from the speed sensor. Ought to be 4 pulses per motor revolution and the motor turns about 12.5 time for each tire revolution.)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO