lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2015, 07:25 AM   #21
Dan_k
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Little help with my 2000 club car golf cart

Thanks Sergio here's what I got

At red wire pin 1 I have 48volts when pedal is pressed in

At pin 3 yellow wire pedal in up position reads 0volts fully pressed in reads very low 0.152

As for the Orange wire situation here's what I did to make the cart run my last battery in the setup the battery that has the negative go to the controller on that battery if I take a jumper from the battery positive side and go to the Orange wire on the motor it will run like crazy just seems to have the wires heat up

I hope this helps you figure out my mess
Dan_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2015, 08:03 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, that makes a lot more sense now.

From the perspective of the pack positive, you were actually proving a path to +40v (48v - 1 [8v battery] voltage).

When in reverse, that would have powered only the Armature, that is why the motor had no power until it started to spin and create its own back emf accross the field coils.

The bad news is that every time the mosfet conducted, it would have shorted the pack negative battery (the one you had the orange wire connected to).

Don't ever jump wires without understanding what you are doing.

Now, dumb luck may have saved you here... if the throttle was already not working correctly, the controller PWM may have been running at 1% or so, which would have caused a lot of heat thru the jumper wire, but maybe not damaged the controller.

The solution is pretty simple, measure the voltage on Pin #2 on the controller after the solenoid clicks.

if You have +5v, the problem is either micro switch #3 or the sonic weld right before the micro switch.

Look at the wire diagram how the green wire from controller Pin #2 goes to the micro switch and then to the throttle.

You can jump the micro switch #3 by connecting the White and Green wires together.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #23
Dan_k
Not Yet Wild

Now I'm really confused I tested voltage at pin 2 green wire on coltroller with key switch on press pedal and I don't read any voltage at green wire I did notice that when I pressed the pedal in my meter threw a - on it so I pulled the black lead from the battery - and hooked it up to the green wire and went to a known hot and it read 48 volts like the green wire is grounded out or is a ground what is that mean how can the be a ground?

I hope that makes sense Sergio or anyone else following
Old 04-23-2015, 09:36 AM   #24
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Disconnect the green wire from Pin #2 and measure the voltage directly at the controller terminal, not the wire.

You need to measure it in relation to B- or pack negative.

I can just tell you that random voltage readings don't help, it is like saying that measuring the voltage between my stove and my neighbors fridge is 180v, is that right?

Unless You know the relation between the voltage references, it just confuses everyone.

If you don't get 5v with the above test, the controller power source signal is bad.

Can you verify You still have the stock controller, can You post a picture showing the Model #?
Old 04-23-2015, 10:43 AM   #25
Dan_k
Not Yet Wild

Sorry Sergio for the confusion
Here's what I got wire off pin 2 with 1 lead of my meter to pin 2 of controller and the other lead of meter to battery ground whether the pedal is up or pushed down the meter reads nothing

So this means my controller is bad?
I will try to get pics up of the controller
Old 04-23-2015, 10:44 AM   #26
Dan_k
Not Yet Wild

That would suck the guy said he was just using it couple weeks back and pulled the batteries because he needed new ones and didn't want to spend the money
Old 04-23-2015, 08:12 PM   #27
Dan_k
Not Yet Wild

Anyone have any ideas bad controller?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:34 PM   #28
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Since you're not getting 5 volts, it sounds like a bad controller to me. Can you post a pic of your controller?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #29
Dan_k
Not Yet Wild

I'm having a hard time posting pics here
But here's the info on the controller
Curtis PMC
1204-410
0007-CC230300
I just got a price of $450 for a rebuilt that's really high anyone think there could be anything else wrong with the cart before I spend $450
Old 04-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #30
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That sounds like a lot of money for a repaired controller....

I think You can get a new Higher Amperage Alltrax for the same price.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car