lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
Nsmart
Not Yet Wild

Default Advice on a complete build

I’m looking to upgrade my TXT from 36v to 48v And would like to get more speed and power out of it. Do I just need to get a motor and controller or is there other parts I need to buy to convert it? Any advice on what motor and controller to get is also appreciated. I will be rebuilding my cart from the ground up and I’ll start a build thread once I get some parts ordered in the next couple weeks.
Thanks in advance!
Nsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2020, 06:37 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v upgrade advice

we really can't start to get you any advice until we know a little more about your cart. what year is it? what drive system dies it have? other than you want more speed/torque, is it going to be a street driven cart? do you want to lift it with bigger tires on it? all of these things need to be answered first. THEN you can put together a plan and get all you pieces/parts at once so you won't be buying things you don't need and things that will do what you want/need.

so first off....what drive system is your cart??

ezgoguide.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Start here > This short article is a must read for anybody looking to improve performance and most old cart jockies. https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:18 PM   #4
Nsmart
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
we really can't start to get you any advice until we know a little more about your cart. what year is it? what drive system dies it have? other than you want more speed/torque, is it going to be a street driven cart? do you want to lift it with bigger tires on it? all of these things need to be answered first. THEN you can put together a plan and get all you pieces/parts at once so you won't be buying things you don't need and things that will do what you want/need.

so first off....what drive system is your cart??

Attachment 198141

Sorry I guess I left lots of details out!! I am told my cart was a pds but when I look at the diagram posted Mine does have the tow haul switch but not the push button forward and reverse switch. Mine has the lever for forward/reverse.

As far as use I will be using it for beach, roads around my neighborhood, and it will also probably see a small amount of time at our 350 acre property.

Plans are a full ground up restoration beginning with bare frame. Planning on a Jake’s long travel lift with at least 23” tires. I was looking at the Navitas dc/ac conversion motor and speed controller but I’m open to other ideas as well. Planning on using regular batteries for now but I’m a couple years hopefully the lithium batteries come down in price so I can switch to that.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a DCS. Can you confirm?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:11 PM   #6
Nsmart
Not Yet Wild

Default Advice on a complete build

I started a thread and didn’t have all the info needed for advice so let’s start this over!!
I have a 36v TXT with pds. I use the cart mostly around the neighborhood but plan on taking a couple beach trips and will be taking it to our 350 acre property a few weekends out of the year.
I’m planning a complete frame up redo and want to lift it and add more power to get more speed out of it. Looking at long travel lift kits, any advice on which is better(jakes, etc.) would be appreciated. I would like to upgrade to 48v and would like advice on that as well. I’ve looked at the Navitas and I’ve see plum crazy motors on some builds here. I’m not real familiar with what all I need for the conversion.
I am a automotive painter and restore cars and work on cars for a living so I don’t think I’ll have a problem doing most of the build but I definitely need advice on what to purchase on the electrical portion.
Thanks in advance.

Tags
36v, conversion, lift
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO