lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2021, 10:16 AM   #11
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Making a silent hunting buggy. Alltrax SR48600 or FSIP 700amp controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
FYI on speed and torque, my buggy will pull wheelies from a stop
So this is kind of what I was expecting from mine once I got it running, but I don't have anywhere near that experience (maybe I should say "yet"). My motor is only 7 HP, so that might have something to do with it, but it is a speed and torque motor also. What is your HP, BBBHC?
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2021, 01:08 PM   #12
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Default Re: Making a silent hunting buggy. Alltrax SR48600 or FSIP 700amp controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Glad to hear I gave some inspiration! FYI on speed and torque, my buggy will pull wheelies from a stop at about (guessing) 80% throttle when rpms set to 6000. With rpms set to 4400, it gps'd at 24 mph. I have yet to gps the speed at 6000 rpms.

How are you planning on locating your battery pack?

Looking forward to seeing your build!
Not sure if im going to split them into two 7cell packs and run them parallel with each other or just parallel 2 cells together and do a single 14cell pack.
Ryan Tug Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #13
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

BBBHC i just got my 14 leaf modules in and with the measurements on them and the frame it looks like splitting them into two groups of 7 and then paralleling those together is my best opinion for space reasons in the old battery trays. Im going to go get some diamond plate aluminum and make a subfloor where the old battery trays were so its all closed off and flat and clean under the seat. The battery packs will mount to the diamond plate.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The best option is to parallel two modules at the time and then split the packs in two series packs: 8 modules + 6 modules.

That requires a single cable between the two packs and allows you to use a single BMS.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #15
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The best option is to parallel two modules at the time and then split the packs in two series packs: 8 modules + 6 modules.

That requires a single cable between the two packs and allows you to use a single BMS.
Got ya and thanks Sergio. I have also read a lot of your post with the lithium swap. Do you think zeva bms is my best option or tinybms? Any other good options out there ?
Old 01-23-2021, 02:50 PM   #16
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Don't use the vglide and don't do the low speed gears.

Look at the electronic pedal scotty sells, mcor 4 from Dave Hicks or go with the Curtis PB-6. The MCOR 4 conversion would be my first choice.

The PQ Grizzly will give you more than enough torque to do the things you want with the load you intend to carry without the gear swap and I'd probably stick with 22s or at the most 23s to negate any further torque loss over stock sizes tires. Your top speed with 22s will probably be in the 20mph zone.

As far as controllers go, coming from someone who's had the FSIP 700 and now an Alltrax SR500; the sustained output of the SR500 is more than the FSIP 700's and should be more than enough amps for the loads you'll be pulling. You're battery pack will never pull the full peak potential of 570 amps the Alltrax SR500 can provide and if it ever gets any close to that, it'll only be for milliseconds.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:22 PM   #17
GCToyman
Not Yet Wild

One interested total green hand watching this with interest & spinning head over all the tech stuff.
GCToyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:41 PM   #18
HogKiller
Gone Wild

FYI I did my hunting buggy just like you’re talking about and it’s far from silent. Between the squeaks, the tires, and the motor whine, it makes plenty of racket going down the trail.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:14 PM   #19
Ryan Tug Smith
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
FYI I did my hunting buggy just like you’re talking about and it’s far from silent. Between the squeaks, the tires, and the motor whine, it makes plenty of racket going down the trail.
90% of my farms I manage the hogs and coyotes on are sugar sand roads. So tires wont make noise. Now for the squeaks from the cart thats a no go. Ill have to find them and fix them. If the motor whines i guess i cant do much about that. Guess ill build it and if it doesn't meet my needs or likes I will get rid of it and just keep walking 10 miles a night. Then get the 4wheeler or truck and go collect all the dead ones.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:08 PM   #20
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Tug Smith View Post
90% of my farms I manage the hogs and coyotes on are sugar sand roads. So tires wont make noise. Now for the squeaks from the cart thats a no go. Ill have to find them and fix them. If the motor whines i guess i cant do much about that. Guess ill build it and if it doesn't meet my needs or likes I will get rid of it and just keep walking 10 miles a night. Then get the 4wheeler or truck and go collect all the dead ones.

Your electric cart will be plenty quiet to drive up on animals. I do it all the time. I can easily get into bow range of deer and hogs at night and definitely easy rifle range in the middle of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car