lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
laserman308
Not Yet Wild

Default 94 EZ Go Marathon won't go

I just purchased a 94 Electric EZ Go Marathon. It moved forward and in reverse when I bought it. I brought it home, washed off the batteries & electrical system and now the golf cart won't move forward or in reverse. I tested the batteries and electric speed controller and both test out at 35 volts. I replaced the 15amp switches & the contact board. What should I do next?
laserman308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 EZ Go Marathon won't go

Dry it out. I use a leaf blower on the F&R assembly immediately after washing a battery bay. Everything worked before.... unless you pressure washed the controller or get water in the potentiometer....... everything should be okay when dry???
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
laserman308
Not Yet Wild

Thanks ScottyB
Old 12-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

your batteries show 35 volts ? Would that even move the cart scottyb ?
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
laserman308
Not Yet Wild

it's a 36 volt golf cart.
I called a local golf shop today and they asked if the solenoid made a clicking sound when I pressed on the accelerator, the answer is "no". Why did they ask this question and what does it mean when the solenoid is not making a clicking sound? The golf shop asked if i knew how much a speed controller cost, then said to bring in the golf cart & they'd trouble shoot it.

The golf cart is dry and still won't move. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 12-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you trust the shop, let them trouble shoot and fix it
In a 94 marathon half of the solenoid activation circuit comes from the controller B- post but that is a constant source... So no click does not mean the controller is bad.. it only means the solenoid activation circuit or the solenoid itself has failed. I hope this helps more than it confuses.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
laserman308
Not Yet Wild

I appreciate all the help! Thank you
Old 12-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #8
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Jack up the rear of cart and jump the solenoid and see if the wheels turn...

Can you post a pic of the battery bay?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
laserman308
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the suggestions & the help. I've uploaded 3 pics for your review.

I bought the EZ Go Owner's Operation and Service Manual form EZ Go, Model Years 89-96 Manual No. 25122-G1. My golf carts electrical configuration is on page N-15, Fig. N-8. I followed the trouble shooting directions starting on pg. K-1. Everything checked out except steps on pg. K-4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 3.jpg (91.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 2.jpg (75.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 1.jpg (63.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
laserman308
Not Yet Wild

When i tested the MS-3 switch ontop of the accelerator switch, the reading was "0" VDC w/ F-N-R in neutral position. The next test required the accelerator pedal to be depressed, the MS-3 switch reading was "0" VDC. I removed the MS-3 switch & it tested out ok, worked normal.

The Solenoid test involving the - DC receptacle & the positive (+) terminal of the Solenoid (2) had a reading of 36 VDC with the F-N-R in foward position. When I put the F-N-R in neutral position to test solenoid (+) terminal w/ negative probe in -DC receptacle & depressing the accelerator pedal, the reading was 36 VDC. When I moved the negative probe to the other small terminal located on the solenoid, the needle did not deflect but read 36 VDC. The manual says if the needle deflects, the solenoid coil is working. Mine actually read 36 VDC.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate any additional help you could provide.

thanks

Tags
marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO