lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where do you drive your cart the most? street, off road

I have a blue placard hanging from the rearview mirror also.
Basically, SWAMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) and I use the cart as a NEV (Neighbor hood Electric Vehicle) and to get to places we can't get to in a car.
Mostly on paved (~50%) and gravel (~30%) roads, but out of courtesy to impatient people driving cars and having no desire to argue highway etiquette with 18 wheelers, we go cross-country (~20%) to avoid major roads.

We enjoy nature photography and target shooting, and there are a couple of parks, a wildlife management area and a pistol range within the cart's current 8 mile radius (Needs new batteries), but I'd like to extend the range out a few more miles so we can go further afield.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

I'm about 50/50. If I see a path off the road that needs to be conqured, I take it.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #13
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

99.9% off road. I use it around the property ( dirt ), sometimes to the corner convenience store ( softer dirt and a little pavement ), and sometimes to the junkyard to get parts or trade in cans. ( really nasty dirt )!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I use mine on street 98% of the time. Here in a beach community, I drive all year round. It was built and upgraded 3 times. Wires, motor, controller, lift, and disc brakes, paint seat covers the whole thing. I was hooked the first time I drove my neighbors a year ago. Though I do not do much of the heavy work, the shop that built it up from a plain 2007 txt has been great so that me Nd my wife can enjoy it. Have clocked 2500 plus miles since Jan. It's what clears my head after work. A 6 mile ride makes all well, sometimes I sneek it up on the beach at night to just sit. The best, we have had more dinners and dates inthe past year then in the past 20. Riding at 15-22 mph gives you a different look at life and see stuff I would have never seen, or met the people we have.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:31 AM   #15
dahur
Getting Wild

All over the property, and neighborhood. Here in NM, Golf Carts are legal on any road that's <35 MPH.
dahur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach cart View Post
I use mine on street 98% of the time. Here in a beach community, I drive all year round. It was built and upgraded 3 times. Wires, motor, controller, lift, and disc brakes, paint seat covers the whole thing. I was hooked the first time I drove my neighbors a year ago. Though I do not do much of the heavy work, the shop that built it up from a plain 2007 txt has been great so that me Nd my wife can enjoy it. Have clocked 2500 plus miles since Jan. It's what clears my head after work. A 6 mile ride makes all well, sometimes I sneek it up on the beach at night to just sit. The best, we have had more dinners and dates inthe past year then in the past 20. Riding at 15-22 mph gives you a different look at life and see stuff I would have never seen, or met the people we have.
Love this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Off the road for me... Carts are no match for Cars.
Even my 'street cart' runs on a dirt road.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #18
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

Neighborhood roads and wooded off-road trails. Then the occasional long (unused) dirt service road around the corner.
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #19
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When I first got my G2 I used it for running kids to and from school. They started a different school so I lifted it. Now it's dirt and around the yard 99% of the time. My wifes limo cart is 99% street. And of course taking all the carts and neighbor hood kids trick or treating tonight.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #20
Ronniek
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Road use
Ronniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO