lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
PBB
Getting Wild

Default Re: Poor Boy Buggies 48V Stretch Limo Build

You dont need longer cables. All you have to do is lengthen the adjustable rod from the brake pedal to the cables.
PBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #22
14superfly
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Right on thanks for the tip. Hope to get back to mine after the holidays. Funds for my toys have been allocated for toys for my girls. Winter up here in Canada so have a solid 3 months to get it done.

14superfly
14superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Which motor do you plan to run? I'm asking because I get a paltry 14 mph out of mine, and finding a suitable motor to get me to 20 mph is more challenging than I thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #24
14superfly
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Furyous. What style cart do you have. Is it Series, Regen or PDS. I have a series. I have yet to purchase a motor but am looking at changing to a series torque motor and upgrading to a 500 amp controller.

14superfly
Old 12-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #25
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

I have nearly the identical setup- series with 8 6v batteries, 500 amp controller, 2/0 gauge welding cable throughout. Stretched 21" but lifted 4 and on 22" tires. Running an advanced dc ch-4001 motor (could never find any specs on it it it has a ton of torque). I thought with this setup I would be going at least 20, but 14 is all it will do. I'm having a custom motor made for it as a result if there being no motor manufacturer that will recommend their motor for my use. Almost pulled the trigger a couple of times on some good deals for high speed motors until I was told that they would probably burn something up.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
PBB
Getting Wild

I'll be using 6 T-875 8 volts, 12HP Advanced motor and 500 AMp Alltrax controller. I ahve this same setup on my hunting buggy and it is a beast. I'm mainly interested in torque with the hunting buggy, but it's fast enough i exercise extreme caution when letting my 12 yr old son drive it. For the stretch limo i have even considered going with the 8.4HP and a 400 amp controller. Havent made up my mind yet. Both carts are PDS.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #27
14superfly
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ya I'm not worried too much about the speed factor. 14 mph would be plenty. My main interest is the torque for getting up the hills without crawling. I will be running 8-6 volt batteries. I have the factory 36 volt charger and haven't hooked up the 2 additional 6 volt batteries yet. What are you guys using to charge your systems now that you have upgraded to a 48 volt system. I am hoping I can just use a 48 volt Club Car DS 48 volt charger and change the ends. Any advice.

14superfly
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #28
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14superfly View Post
Ya I'm not worried too much about the speed factor. 14 mph would be plenty. My main interest is the torque for getting up the hills without crawling. I will be running 8-6 volt batteries. I have the factory 36 volt charger and haven't hooked up the 2 additional 6 volt batteries yet. What are you guys using to charge your systems now that you have upgraded to a 48 volt system. I am hoping I can just use a 48 volt Club Car DS 48 volt charger and change the ends. Any advice.

14superfly
I've been very happy with my Noco genius onboard charger. I like that it charges each bank of 12v separately, diagnosing and applying the right type of charge for each. Should extend battery life a bit, plus I can plug in wherever I am.

You could go with the 48v charger, but it will treat all 8 batteries the same, regardless of whether one is charged slightly more than the rest or not.

I'm having a motor custom made for my cart to get me to 20, which means my 48v torque motor is going up for sale. I will take $200 for it plus shipping. It may not even do 14 in your cart though unless you use a taller tire, but it has torque in droves. Pm me if you're interested.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #29
PBB
Getting Wild

I am planning to use a Delta Q charger. I used to be a Ruff-n-Tuff cart dealer and that was the charger they used in their units. It comes programmed with 10 different algorithms for different types of batteries. Some folks on the forum dont care for them but I never had any trouble with them.That's probably what I'll use on the limo build. I have also considered the Eagle on-board chargers too. Either way I definitely want an on-board. No more lugging chargers around for me!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #30
PBB
Getting Wild

Well, the limo build finally has some direction. I had quoted a custom built limo to a local college and they have accepted the quote, so I'll be building this limo for them. It will have a metallic purple body, 118" top, factory ez-go seat pod, 48V system, 8.4HP motor and 500 Amp Alltrax controller, lights and rear seat kit. I plan to order all the necessary parts this week, so the build should start taking shape soon.

PBB
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO