lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
pmangr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2007 PDS Ez-go TXT Lights and horn not working

EZ-GO gurus,

I need some help please. I have a 2007 PDS TXT 36v. The cart works fine other than the issues below.

Prior to installing a SoC meter from Scottyb, my lights and horn were functional. Now they are not. However I have a couple other strange issues.

1. Meter is on even with key off. I was under the impression that it shouldn't
2. Lights and horn not working
3. Not sure if this is an issue, but even with key off, if I put F/R switch to R the reverse alarm sounds.

As you can see from the image, I have the splice in on terminal I which is White going to the positive on the meter. The wire on B is Yellow/White. The switch appears to work correctly as there is only continuity across B/I when the key is turned. It is open when key is off. What I cannot figure out is why the meter is still on when the key is off. I have the F/R switch wired right as you can see from the photo. I left the ground wire off the meter in the photo as I was trying to see if the meter was causing my other issue.

My horn and lights no longer work. I've checked the fuses that are under the seat and they are good. I have continuity from the blue/white wire from the key switch to the fuse block. I have continuity from the green wire on the other side of the fuse block has continuity to the Positive of the battery (green wire see photo)

Where do the yellow/white and white wires go to? Do they go directly to the controller? I'm still wondering if something is wired backwards. Even before I installed the SoC meter, if I put the F/R switch in reverse, the alarm would sound even if the key was off. Is that normal?

What should I check?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

pmangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2007 PDS Ez-go TXT Lights and horn not working

B & I are for the cart activation circuit on that switch. It is possible that the wires were reversed on the plug as it doesn't matter unless you put a SOC meter on there.. Try moving the red wire from your meter to the other wire and see if that fixes that.

The other two are for the headlights. Check for 12 volts there to each wire back to your 12 volt ground and see what you have. You can also try touching them together for a second and see if the lights come on. If so, bad switch, if not I would start chasing your 12 volt source.. And as the horn is acting up also, I would be that is what the problem for that is..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
pmangr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
B & I are for the cart activation circuit on that switch. It is possible that the wires were reversed on the plug as it doesn't matter unless you put a SOC meter on there.. Try moving the red wire from your meter to the other wire and see if that fixes that.

The other two are for the headlights. Check for 12 volts there to each wire back to your 12 volt ground and see what you have. You can also try touching them together for a second and see if the lights come on. If so, bad switch, if not I would start chasing your 12 volt source.. And as the horn is acting up also, I would be that is what the problem for that is..

Is there a fuse just for the 12v tap? The lights are factory, not add on. So the 12v source is where?
Old 05-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
pmangr
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I got it fixed!

One issue was that the White and White/Yellow wires must have been reversed somewhere in the past. So I switched them around and tapped off the White/Yellow wire.

The issue with the Lights and Horn was that when I changed the batteries, I missed the 12v Tap Ground wire connection to the Negative terminal of the battery. Good thing I took photos before I removed the old batteries. I referred to the photo and my mistake was staring at me in the face!

All's well now. I have lights, horn and the SoC meter no longer is on when I turn the key to off.

So a lesson to all. Take pictures, label things and be thorough.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Awesome..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good news indeed!

The BGW forum has the best group support for golf carts on the internet
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:51 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

And it's the best when folks report back with what they found to be the problem.

Hit and run posts that don't report back what they found to be the problem often result in frustration to new members who use the search function.

Thanks for closing the loop on this post.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO