lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
harpj1972
Not Yet Wild

Default A few more questions about my 97 series cart...

You guys helped me get my cart rolling again over the weekend. Then I called it "fixed", and like I figured, I jinxed myself. We rode it around on Mother's Day, and it did pretty good for a while, but sometimes when I would push the pedal, there would be hesitation before the motor engaged, maybe a couple of seconds or more. Then, when we came up the only hill on our road, which is only about a 20 degree incline, I smelled the same hot melting smell it was making before it conked out a few months ago. It was the B+ cable from the solenoid to the controller on the passenger side of the solenoid. I replaced it today, and the cart is running some, but still hesitating, and sometimes not running at all. Just the solenoid clicks. So my questions are, 1) What does this sound like? 2) What is my next step in troubleshooting? And unrelated(I think, anyway) my Powerwise charger sort of blew up when I plugged it in the other day. It got rained in at some point, there were cobwebs all over the circuit board, as well as several dirtdobber nests inside the thing, and when i plugged it in, one of the blue thingys(transistor, maybe?) exploded and sparks shot out the side. So my third question is, Can I switch the charger plug from it with the plug from an older 80's timer style 36V charger I have, until I get rebuild it or get another one? Thanks, Harper
harpj1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: A few more questions about my 97 series cart...

36 volts is 36 volts so I see no reason the older charger would not work.
It sounds like you have a series of issues that need to be fixed. Have you taken the opportunity to check every wire and cable for serviceability? Try, one at a time, unbolting, unplugging each and every wire. Check the connector for contact. Run an ohm test on the piece. Replace all of the wires/cables that do not pass the test or show any signs of damage or wear. This may be the time to upgrade your cables.
Loose or poor connections can be more than just an operational problem. Do a You Tube search for golf cart fire.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO