lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #1
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default RXV & Imaginative Manufacturing 2 spd rear end

Hey EZ GO guys, how ya'll doing?
I'm a CC guy but has anybody bought/installed the 2 speed rear end on a RXV from Imaginative Manufacturing? I emailed the company trying to get some info. If the stock RXV is 10/1 then the low gear for Imaginative Manufacturing
2sp rear end 20/1 would take care of the TORQUE PROBLEMS? If this is old news sorry, I couldn't find any post with outcomes.

Thanks,
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: RXV & Imaginative Manufacturing 2 spd rear end

bump
Old 05-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #3
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

bump
Old 05-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Update:

The ratio for a RXV is 16/1 so the 20/1, 2 spd rear end that they sell will improve the torque but the ratio prob needs to be 25/1 to solve the dead stop take off torque prob for the RXV. The 10/1 top gear is CRAZY/ STUPID fast for the RXV imo. Prob close to 40mph with 23"s. Imaginative Manufacturing said they are looking into a lower 2 spd ratio rear end for the RXV, I'm on there e mail list and I will update ya'll when I hear something. The reason I'm asking all this is because I'd like to build an RXV for myself and I need the torque!
Steve
Old 05-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I would like to see the same. may be even a 30/1 Ratio and a 16/1 would be a good combination as you are able to shift on the go.And it would be nice to have the option to add disc brakes to the rear end.
Rhoughton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #6
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

R1, yes I agree the 16/1 would be plenty for the top end. 30/1 would climb a cliff.
Steve
Old 06-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The last I heard they would not sell the rear end for RXV's due to the speed issue unless the 2nd gear was disabled. If they got enough pressure maybe they would make a rear end with different gearing. I tried to explain to them I want a lower 1st speed, for torque, and maybe just slightly faster then stock 2nd and was told no way as of now, of coarse I talked to them almost a year ago so maybe they have changed there mind. I called and talked to a person during business hours. He also told me he would only sell the rearend to authorized ezgo dealers due to liability issues.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #8
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If they have claimed liability as a driver for their decision in one area, it is reasonable to assume they feel the same in all areas. I can't say I blame them as it would only take one stupid person to misuse their products, then sue, to destroy their company and lives. However, several letters from interested prospective customers may convince them there is a market to support their research.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO