lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Your thoughts on my new purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbryant View Post
So you're saying I should be good to go in Mississippi? ;) I don't think there are any really hard and fast rules yet.

BTW, on the Marathon cart - 4 Gauge or 6 Gauge wire kit for the batteries? Does it matter?

The more I read up on the conversion to 48V, I may be better off staying with the 36V. I think I have four good batteries, just have to replace two.

On that subject - and yes, I know I am full of questions - has anyone ever used Napa batteries? Like I said, the ones in there are Energizer EGC2, but I can't find them anywhere. The Napa battery is a GC2, and I can't find any rating on the Ah, but I would think it might be lower than the EGC2 from what I am reading on the net. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
jtbryant
You need new batteries.....do yourself a favor.....you need to get a new set, if you just get two, to replace the two you know are going bad.....they will not last as long.

if you are going to stick with stock sized tires and not lifting the cart, and sticking with 36V, get a 4 ga. wire set.....the other things can wait untill you decide to lift it, put bigger tires on. As Swan mentioned, IF you think the modding process will continue, go ahead and get the 2 ga. size wire set, theat way that cost is already encured and you are set for the upgrade already.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
rstephens1
Not Yet Wild

So do the electric carts plow through the mud as good as the gas, or better??
rstephens1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #13
jtbryant
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation Re: Your thoughts on my new purchase.

Quick question -

The manager of our local Autozone offered me a brand new Duralast 1-6volt for $45.

I have 6 6-volt Energizer EGC2 batteries in the cart right now. Would that one work? I am reasonably sure that two of the EGC2 batteries are bad, if he could find me another one for $45 at one of the other stores (I think their getting rid of them) would that be a good idea for a temp fix while I take care of other things on the cart?

Don't want to screw it up, but if I can get by with something less while I buy a charger and other needed parts, it sure would help.

Can't find Ah ratings on the Duralast, is there a formula to figure it out?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=960195_0_0_

Thanks,
jtbryant
jtbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #14
crash test dummy

Quote:
Quick question -

The manager of our local Autozone offered me a brand new Duralast 1-6volt for $45.

I have 6 6-volt Energizer EGC2 batteries in the cart right now. Would that one work? I am reasonably sure that two of the EGC2 batteries are bad, if he could find me another one for $45 at one of the other stores (I think their getting rid of them) would that be a good idea for a temp fix while I take care of other things on the cart?

Don't want to screw it up, but if I can get by with something less while I buy a charger and other needed parts, it sure would help.

Can't find Ah ratings on the Duralast, is there a formula to figure it out?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=960195_0_0_

Thanks,
jtbryant
not deep cycle battery ... wont give power you need
Old 05-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #15
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstephens1 View Post
So do the electric carts plow through the mud as good as the gas, or better??
i say better , with electric get all the torque the minute you mash the pedal down . no need for the rpm's to build up

just a side note , its better to start your own thread then hijack someone elses
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:56 PM   #16
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Quick question -

the problem with dropping in one or two new batteries next to four pretty old batteries is , when charging the new batteries charge up faster then the old. so has the new are done charging and the other still needing more the new sit their and boil away...

now if you find a few older batteries that you can get for little or no money then you can wait , but to throw away good money on just 2 batteries is just a waste.
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #17
jtbryant
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Took it out for a spin, and I would say I may need to do the 48 volt conversion down the road. I'm a big boy, 6' 3" 320lbs, so is it me, or weak batteries? Having some issues with the hills. Very noticeable slow down when I start climbing the hill.

Short of the 48V conversion, what do I need to look out first for the torque issue?

Also - is this what I need for the 48V? http://www.ebay.com/itm/181108702309...84.m1423.l2649

Is there any reason not to go with those cables if I were to stay 36V?

Thanks,
jtbryant
Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Took it out for a spin, and I would say I may need to do the 48 volt conversion down the road. I'm a big boy, 6' 3" 320lbs, so is it me, or weak batteries? Having some issues with the hills. Very noticeable slow down when I start climbing the hill.

Short of the 48V conversion, what do I need to look out first for the torque issue?

Also - is this what I need for the 48V? http://www.ebay.com/itm/181108702309...84.m1423.l2649

Is there any reason not to go with those cables if I were to stay 36V?

Thanks,
jtbryant
JT, first off, your cart is a SERIES cart, so is the REAL issue Speed? or Torque? or both?

and your TORQUE issue is most likely the batteries, seeing as I can run up a 20-30 degree incline in my TXT (36v) with NO ISSUES at all. And I can do that with both me and wife in the cart. HOWEVER, I have an upgraded controller, HD Solenoid, HD F/R Switch, and a COMPLETE 2 Ga. wire set, (all the cables are 2 ga, not just the ones you showed in that ebay add). With my configuration, I get more power to the motor, it makes more TORQUE, but it still runs about 15-16 mph. as I have 23" tires on mine.

Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:06 AM   #19
jtbryant
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds good - so go ahead and go with the 2 gauge wires, but do them all? Where can I find the best deal on those other pieces you mention for my Marathon?

Thanks,
jtbryant
Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #20
jtbryant
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

One other thing - anything I purchase, I want to make sure I'm not wasting money on something I may have to replace if I went 48V at some point. Will any of those parts keep me from 48V?

Also, can I replace one at a time, or do you have to do it all at the same time?

Thanks,
jtbryant
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO