lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2023, 09:36 PM   #1
Tchiz
Not Yet Wild

Default What’s the best lithium battery?

I have a 21 tempo navitas dc to AC conversion lead acid have taken a **** because of lack of maintenance. so many options talking about lithium any recommendations on brand? I prefer a single battery 105ah
Tchiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2023, 04:54 AM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What’s the best lithium battery?

Can’t go wrong with Eco Battery.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 06:40 AM   #3
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Eco is the premium option commonly recommended around here. There are other options as well that are more budget friendly but you have to decide if you are willing to give up something to pay less.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 12:13 PM   #4
jbc247
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've been researching this and Eco and Bolt seem to be the most popular batteries for modified carts. The next question is 48v or 72v . . .
jbc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 12:21 PM   #5
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

If money no object, 72.....more the better. Eco is my vote!
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 12:21 PM   #6
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc247 View Post
I've been researching this and Eco and Bolt seem to be the most popular batteries for modified carts. The next question is 48v or 72v . . .
Where have you been seeing Bolt is a popular option? There are several other options especially on this forum that are far more popular then Bolt...also your 1st post? Are you a sales rep for Bolt?
Old 05-30-2023, 12:33 PM   #7
jbc247
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Where have you been seeing Bolt is a popular option? There are several other options especially on this forum that are far more popular then Bolt...also your 1st post? Are you a sales rep for Bolt?
Definitely not associated with any brand. I see the brand mentioned all the time on the Facebook groups (GCM). I am new to the forum, as I purchased my CC recently. Upgrading to lithium is on my to do list. Everything I read says to get lithium before upgrading the motor but I am concerned that if I get a 48v lithium now, once I upgrade the motor I will want to take advantage of the 72v option. There is a company that is also in Houston and puts batteries together, they have an option to buy a 48v in a 72v box so you can switch to 72v down the road. I won't mention brand names as that seems to be an issue considering I'm new.
jbc247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 01:01 PM   #8
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Definitely not associated with any brand. I see the brand mentioned all the time on the Facebook groups (GCM). I am new to the forum, as I purchased my CC recently. Upgrading to lithium is on my to do list. Everything I read says to get lithium before upgrading the motor but I am concerned that if I get a 48v lithium now, once I upgrade the motor I will want to take advantage of the 72v option. There is a company that is also in Houston and puts batteries together, they have an option to buy a 48v in a 72v box so you can switch to 72v down the road. I won't mention brand names as that seems to be an issue considering I'm new.
Not a issue at all. Just low post count and recommending a brand that normally isn't raised a red flag to me. We have had other battery companies have employees come on the forum and push the product under the guise of a general user.
Old 05-30-2023, 03:40 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It's a rare brand for sure if it has not been discussed at length here. Never read anything about that brand here.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 05:49 PM   #10
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I read says to get lithium before upgrading the motor but I am concerned that if I get a 48v lithium now, once I upgrade the motor I will want to take advantage of the 72v option..
I may be missing something but you have an AC controller, you should be able to go 72v now, regardless of motor.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium