lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
SuperRver
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 Precedent Hooked up Battery Spark

I had a dead set of batteries in my 48volt club car. I took off the cables and charged each one separate. Being stupid and not knowing any better when I hooked up the last cable it sparked I did not have it in tow mode it was still in run. The batteries did not hold a charge it barely moved and I am going to go get new batteries US Brand 12V XC. My fear is could I have messed up something that will destroy the new batteries when I put them in.??? I don't want to take any chances when I hooked up the old set it at least tried to move but had no power. The batteries were setting for a year with no charge just don't want to screw up a brand new set??? Any Advice.
SuperRver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 05 Precedent Hooked up Battery Spark

Go ahead and put in the new batts, but this time make sure the key is off and the switch is in tow position. Since the cart "barely moved" with the dead batts, the motor, controller, etc should be ok.
Just put in your new batts, give them a full charge, get in the cart and see what happens...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
SuperRver
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 05 Precedent Hooked up Battery Spark

Thanks for your help it is appreciated.
SuperRver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car