lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
jagun65
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Textron Charger 36v Question

I have the green face" EZGO Textron Total Charge" charger. What does it mean when the charger is set to 11 and it zeros out and cuts off in about 30 min? The charger appears to be working. I placed my DMM on the pack and the voltage ramped up to 39 volts before the timer cut off. Does this sound like the timer is bad and can the timer be replaced in this old charger? If so who sells such?

thx.
jagun65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Textron Charger 36v Question

Rotate timer fully counterclockwise to off. Plug cord into cart receptacle. After a few seconds you should hear the charger "click". Rotate timer fully clockwise to the "start" position. Amp meter should jump to around 18-20 amps. Let charger run 'til it cuts off automatically. Amps will decrease as batteries charge. Timer will stop at this point telling you how long it took to charge the batteries. Could take 10 plus hours for new batteries but typically 7=8 for mature batteries.

Picture of the charger face and/or model no. would help make sure everybody is on the same page if trouble shooting is required.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
TxPowderCoater
Getting Wild

^^^ All of this exactly, my new battery pack took about 15-18 hours of tricklin' to be happy.
TxPowderCoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Like " kernal " said, you must place the knob to the " start " position. I don't think it matters which way you turn it ( at least it doesn't on mine ), but by placing it on 11, you're only giving it 30 - 40 minutes charge time. The timer turns the knob counterclockwise.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
jagun65
Not Yet Wild

Starting on "START" does make a difference. its been charging now for about 10 hrs...... cleaned the charger face and can barely see START on it ..... duh! Explains why the guy i bought it from said the batteries and or the charger is bad....... :)

thanks...
jagun65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Magic marker repair .
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear it was " simple "! Now if everything else is as easy to fix - - - -
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO